Agnostic.com

5 8

LINK "Be fruitful and multiply": TX bill cuts property taxes for couples with 10 kids

State Rep. Bryan Slaton's bill would reward "quiverfull" Christian families

A Texas lawmaker has filed a bill that would reduce or eliminate property taxes for families with at least four children, a move clearly designed to benefit “quiverfull” Christian families (like the Duggars) who have the resources to have several kids and own a home.

State Rep. Bryan Slaton introduced HB 2889 earlier this week with a reference to his Christian faith, saying “With this bill, Texas will start saying to couples: ‘Get married, stay married, and be fruitful and multiply.’”

snytiger6 9 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd rather pay the taxes

Yeah, I can't see giving tax breaks because people aren't responsible enough to properly use birth control.

@snytiger6 I agree 100%, and I did just that.

This planet already has 2 billion to many on it already and that dumb ass wants to make it worse. I don't want children and not to forced to have any.

These christofascists will do anything to reward a very small segment of the population of Texas who they hope vote their way!!!

Texas is one weird place to live.

II think you would have problems feeding 10 kids so why not.

I think if churches insist that families have as many kids as possible, lik the Catholics and Mormons do, then the churches should help supports them.

@snytiger6
You want the congregation to be proliferate, feed them. Support them. Tell the rest of us what we are supposed to do while their rabbits run rampant.

@snytiger6 Without y usual levity on the matter this all happens because of a bible verse that said "be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712618
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.