Agnostic.com

5 10

I had a crazy morning and the last thing I did was to go shopping at Aldi. As I was walking back to my car, preoccupied, a driver waiting for me to cross, yelled "Smile!".

Me: "Why?"

Him: "Mad at your husband?"

Me: "I don't have a husband".

Him: "Want to meet me for coffee sometime?"

Me: "No, I don't know you."

Him: "Well let's fix that. Call me so we can get acquainted".

Then he wrote down his number and handed it to me. He was pretty likable and kinda cute. I think I might call him.... Cautiously of course. He seemed like a nice guy... and funny!

That was different.

TheoryNumber3 8 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have found that dating sites, dinner and a movie are the worst 1st dates . GO For It

twill Level 7 Mar 10, 2023

Emails are safer..too much info can come from a phone number unless it's a cheap burner phone.
However, i would def go for coffee with him.......

I always block my number on a first call. A girl can't be too careful

How fun! At the very least, it made you smile today. But maybe it will turn out just like a rom-com. Who knows? Good luck. 😊

What're the odds? But better a rom com than a murder mystery 🙂

@TheoryNumber3 Hopefully the worst would be a Lifetime drama. If you do a reverse image search, you'll likely find out if he's been arrested for murder before. 😉

Run a check on his number.

It's a cell number, but I dialed *67 and called it cause he said he wouldn't be home last night. I heard his voice greeting. He sounds "normal", whatever that is these days 🙂

You are in charge ; maintain your boundaries. I look at encounters as a
learning chance.- keep it simple< u are in charge .
Thanks for posting🎐
PS ^ try using your e-mail
next time/ that way ,less commitment.
😊🟣🦋

Well it was a strange conversation in a parking lot, him in a car, and me walking. He just scribbled his number and handed it to me thru the window.

@TheoryNumber3 I may be a bit overprotective (I had 3 sisters; oldest in an orphanage, and have encountered the hustle and bustle of modern life)- seems to me ,to meet a person with similar likes - I exercise
my free will . Hence a hair cut, shopping , work , are not the places to get a foundation of a relationship- a museum, planetarium, hiking trail, event( cultural, music,nature,science,political ) could be a BETTER PLACE to have an encounter of such.
Just my honest thoughts
🙂THANKS huggs

@BBJong A haircut? Who gets a haircut with the hopes of meeting someone? If what you say is true, I'd better stop going to Aldi's before I have another "encounter". I'll tell that to my happily married friends who met their husbands at bars, on the beach and at work.

I know you mean well, but that seems like a pretty broad generalization you're throwing out there. That may be a fine way to meet people who share your interests, but I don't think we can accurately choose where we meet people. A relationship takes more than just a common interest in Picasso.

@TheoryNumber3 point taken
Thanks

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712990
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.