Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK Pope Francis: Progressive Ideas of Gender Identity are ‘Dangerous’ -- The Daily Beast

Despite his reputation and track record as an outspoken institutional reformer, Pope Francis this week drew the line at expressing support for a certain facet of the LGBTQ+ community, decrying so-called “gender ideology” as “one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations” today. Speaking to La Nación, the pontiff continued, “Why is it dangerous? Because it blurs differences and the value of men and women.” Later in the interview, he reiterated that “an anthropology of gender” was “extremely dangerous because it eliminates differences, and that erases humanity, the richness of humanity.” The term “gender ideology” has no academic or theoretical basis, according to researchers Mariana Prandini Assis and Ana Carolina Ogando, but is frequently invoked as a boogeyman by religious and conservative leaders regardless. Pope Francis also told the newspaper that he would not be writing an official church screed on the subject of gender, explaining “some people are a bit naive and believe that it is the way to progress.”

snytiger6 9 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That show how much of a bigot he is. I gave the man to much credit and got burned by it. Glad I didn't join the catholic cult little over 5 years ago.

Pope-y sweetie, you are surrounded by hordes of pedophiles wearing dresses, glittery robes, and funny hats....

That guy is dangerous. Mutations are a normal process of evolution.

Some people are naive, eh, Pope? While I don't agree with child surgeries I do support genuine gender Counseling. It will make an adult surgery almost a foregone conclusion, so will be attacked as brain washing (much like religious training does but that will be left out of the attacks), but adults have that Right. Future is nothing more than the endless possibilities which can take place from the actions made within the now but, if one exists at all, it's likely to be female dominated. I think males will have little place in that world and be treated much like males have treated females. When females gain equal treatment they basically mimic male society but this might change with greater control of their culture. My point is that changing to a female body might serve males well in a career. As a parent, in that scenario, I would support his/her desire for it. I would also allow surgery after sixteen but that will also be used to allow child labor/military recruitment by an opposing Party.

Common sense, if you ask me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:713976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.