Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK UBS Buys Credit Suisse For $3.2 Billion Regulators Shore The Global Banking System. What Just Happened?

Banking crisis is global. Do we blame Biden and Janet Yellen for this as well.

barjoe 9 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Janet "Inflation is only transitory" Yellen, who approved the printing of lots of money whilst keeping rates at zero for years, cannot claim innocence from any blame at all.
Be interesting if rural credit union's and the like deposit holders are also protected as well as the big party donors deposits have been.

puff Level 8 Mar 19, 2023

What just happened is what everyone with a brain knew was going to happen. Nobody wants this meltdown and it can't be a taxpayer bailout so...consolidation at a cheap price.

Biden's responsibility only exists insofar as supporting Ukraine against Russia increase fuel prices, giving the GQP Federal Reserve cover to use high interest rates to tank the economy. The GQP/Fox blame it on the Democrats for the spending bills passed by Trump & McConnell during the pandemic.

...And making a huge bank (too big to fail) out of two large banks is such a good idea.

I think Goldman-Sachs engineered this. Just like Paulsen did to get rid of Lehman.

The fiat system we use was always driven by debt. After 2008 people should have been locked up and mortgage holders bailed out not the banks if anyone at all. "Too big to fail" was such a con and anti-capitalist because capitalism promotes efficient competition. Bailing out inefficient institutions is something the USSR would have done.
This time will be different as a new player has emerged to challenge the homogeny of the $USD in BRICS. This change has also been hastened from the overuse of sanctions eg the Indonesian leader has indicated they need to move away from SWIFT and find alternatives in case they get subjected to sanctions in the future.

I feel that we will return to a precious metals standard, not driven by debt.

PS I recall reading a study years ago where someone worked out the value of Earths total assets. Our fiat currencies were valued at 7 times that amount ie something had to snap sometime.

puff Level 8 Mar 19, 2023

Well, for once, I don't think you're wrong. I have no idea what's going to happen now, but the petrodollar being dethroned as the world's currency is clearly going to have unintended consequences.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:714929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.