Agnostic.com

1 0

Australian protection of Whistleblowers found to be woefully inadequate. A fact that we have all known since USA started persecuting its vendetta against Australian Julian Assange. It is gobsmackingly obvious that something is very wrong when the perpetrators (and their instigators) of crimes are not prosecuted but those who report those crimes are prosecuted. It very much resembles the prosecution of Trump, the victim, for having paid extortion money to a person who was not prosecuted for that extortion. What is your opinion or are you still in a state of denial regarding the matter?

"The silence of the legislature regarding the limits of the criminal conduct and the test proposed by the Applicant gives public officials no certainty and little guidance. The reality is that the construction is cold comfort, which may have the effect of discouraging, rather than encouraging, the making of disclosures. "Further, the endorsement of some level of criminal conduct by a public official to investigate what may be disclosable conduct may discourage the timely disclosure of information that, in the public interest, should be disclosed. That may in turn undermine the ability of the principal officer to properly investigate a later disclosure." Judge Kudelka also noted that "The PID Act does not expressly prohibit or endorse the recording of information by a public official to help formulate a public interest disclosure". "The PID Act is silent on this aspect." Judge Kudelka added that she agrees with the Respondent's submission that "unlawful investigative acts by a public official may delay or undermine the investigative process intended by the PID Act" before dismissing Mr Boyle's claim for immunity.

[abc.net.au]

FrayedBear 9 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Assange is an arrogant, self-absorbed provocateur. By collaborating with the Russians in disseminating private information to which he and the Russians had no right, he has brought his troubles on himself, and he deserves it all.

Assange is arrogant agree. Perhaps he is not likable but that is irrelevant. And fuck of with the Russian asset bollocks, only brainwashed Americans believe any Russian collusion BS anymore.
He is a journalist who specifically created a news website for whistleblowers because he saw main stream media had been compromised and would not publish their stories. And boy, was his site popular because there were a lot of people who wanted to expose the crimes of their governments, including Russians. He exposed governments acting criminally and wikileaks has an 100% accuracy record in what it published, something no other media organisation can claim.
Hillary wanted to drone him in London ffs which shows what fucking psycho's run the US. Reminds me of a few good men.
"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth"

@puff Assange is no journalist in any sense of the word.

@puff messaging still not working! I'll leave Walt in your capable hands.

@wordywalt Not now he isn't. BUT he was.
Manning leaked the files, Assange only published them
That is he reported information a whistle blower gave him.
A reporters job (globally, apparently not in America) is too seek a story, and report on it to have it published.
I am confused, so enlighten me what constitutes a reporter in America??

@wordywalt MY bad. Lets call him editor in chief of wikileaks then, plus the founder. He may not have worked as a journalist, but he sure understands their profession.

@puff I beg to differ.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:717391
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.