Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Predictions about the decline of Christianity in America may be premature | CNN

For years, church leaders and commentators have warned that Christianity is dying in America. They say the American church is poised to follow the path of churches in Western Europe: soaring Gothic cathedrals with empty pews, shuttered church buildings converted into skate parts and nightclubs, and a secularized society where one theologian said Christianity as a norm is “probably gone for good — or at least for the next 100 years.”

Yet when CNN asked some of the nation’s top religion scholars and historians recently about the future of Christianity in the US, they had a different message.

They said the American church is poised to find new life for one major reason: Waves of Christians are migrating to the US.

Thibaud70 7 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's really not possible to say. There is a solid core of evangelicals that aren't going anywhere, but I don't think their plan to turn America into a "Christian nation" is going to come to fruition. we'll see, troubling times to be sure.

"Yet when CNN asked some of the nation’s top religion scholars and historians recently about the future of Christianity in the US, they had a different message."

Yes well they would, would they not, their living depends on it
rule one in business
You never admit to the punters that your boss's product is a pile of imaginary shit

How about that. I think devotion to dogmatic philosophy should prevent anyone from becoming a citizen but that's me. People say I'm a dick.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:718373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.