Agnostic.com

12 10

LINK Scientists detect helium on planet outside our solar system for the first time

The huge breakthrough marks a major step forwards in our understanding of the makeup of other planets. And it could eventually help us learn even more about them: understanding the atmosphere on planets far from our own

ashortbeauty 8 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can’t wait for the data to start pouring in from TESS.

AWSOME!

Not really surprising as The sun is mostly composed of the elements hydrogen 😎 and helium (He). By mass the composition of the sun is 75 percent hydrogen and 25 percent helium

And not to mention hydrogen is the most common element in the observable universe.

Is the planet shaped like a giraffe?

This is awesome!!!

Hell-I-Am impressed! To think we're alone in this vast universe is just so narrow-minded and foolish.

(high pitch squeaky voice joke... already done)

I wonder if those aliens are lightly more noble than the ones from krypton?

?slow clap?
Nicely done

Ha! ?. Gas jokes are the best....

@RedskyRiver It's actually a noble gas joke.

@Lukian yes It was implied

Cool discovery there.

I am not surprised due to the fact that helium is the second most abundant element in the universe second only to hydrogen.

Strange that it would be abundant in a gaseous planet if it's not a star. Unfortunately not abundant on Earth though. It's an important gas for science and medicine which we waste for balloons.

What a gas.

MikaB Level 5 May 2, 2018

Oye lol

I was expecting a reporter to be speaking in a real high pitched voice ! Lol

so there's now a guarantee that, when the Aliens come, they will be riding an interstellar space balloon, and are bound to have squeaky voices πŸ™‚

Absolutely!

Just love the idea of 'We come in peace' with a squeaky voice holding a balloon that says 'Hello Humans'.......and you know we're just going to shoot them! lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.