Agnostic.com

6 4

why is it a greater risk that chinese capitalists have our tik tok data than american capitalists?

hankster 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If anyone thinks their data, and All their locations over time, (within 3'😉 isn't out there, they need Much more tinfoil and def should live in a cave where they forage for food, period.
otherwise, get over it, you are not important enough to notice, although clearly you wish it was so.

I'll settle and just be grateful I've not become a karen type.

If you think China has a Capitalist economic structure your really need to read more.

point being they are in it for the money, market control.

@hankster Wow! That sure was a needed clarification.

Plus, they aren't Chinese capitalists. They are still very much Communist in a mismanaged economy that benefits from stealing US technology rather than developing it themselves.

point being they are in it for the money, market control

Over the years in my visits to China I met many wealthy Chinese people whose children attended private boarding schools in China. There is certainly plenty of evidence of business enterprise at all levels of their society.

[pewresearch.org]

Because Chinese aren't just capitalists, they're also a dictatorial regime who will use the data to keep track of dissidents abroad, monitor criticism, use their own bots to spread propaganda and undermine pro-democracy movements, and so on and so forth. They don't just want your money.

thoughtful answer. considering the systems and structures in place do you think it matters?

@hankster Which specifically are you referring to?

@Paul4747 seems like there are plenty of opportunities for hackers and stuff. seems like tiktok is getting blown out of proportion.

@hankster Some websites collect personal information like bank accounts, etc. because they explicitly need the information to function. Social networks collect information for no definite reason. Many, or even most, require people to use their real names, provide verification, and like that. Now combine that with a fascist/communist government owning the network... and they don't even have to hack you because you provide the data yourself. All they have to do is correlate who is saying what to whom.

But I agree it's not that much worse than Facebook being vulnerable to data theft... it's just that Facebook isn't explicitly also in the business of monitoring people.

@Paul4747 i think they all collect it because they have an undying desire to best match your demographic to the puzzle. limit speech drastically ?

Depends on your point of view. If you were Chinese it would be bad if America owned tik tok, had access to your phones and could, via your phone, gain access to your work data..

Darn it...Cuz ifn U is gonna be robbed, U needz too be robbed bi n'merican teef, S'only patriotic.
Dam Hayzun crookz cummin' over here and tak'n jrbs offov our 'Merkin gud Ol boy croocz!!!

think so? i didn't figure for that bunch being mindful of it until the wall street fellows made noise. wall street don't wanna compete for it if they can steer public perception and the law to their advantage. what you mention is good camo for the suits.

@hankster It's a satire on MAGA mentality

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:719615
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.