Agnostic.com

5 16

LINK Maine fire chief calls crew’s escape from fiery train derailment an ‘absolute miracle’

Yep. It's God's plan. 🙏🙏🙏😇😇😇

3 people survived yet another EPIC fail due to America's deregulation of safety standards and an infrastructure that's held together by duct-tape & Gorilla Glue, but God was watching over them.

Maybe that's why all these gun violence victims have died in the past week. He was distracted by train derailments and a Bud Light marketing fiasco. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

(I'm glad they lived. My bio-Father is a retired railroader. A Union man. It's a rough job that's tough on family. They deserve better than what America offers them at this late date, for sure. They keep the American supply chain moving. #essentialworkers)

SeaGreenEyez 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To most of us that means we were lucky to have got out of the situation. Tot the god believers it means their invisible being did something.

They do indeed keep us running..and like you said, it's dangerous, and we do shit on them..I think they need to shut the fucking country down...Biden got them 1 sick day paid..B.F.D..then walked away, and still hasn't re-instated mandatory braking systems..it all boils down to greed..

Let's please place the blame for this squarely where it belongs.
During 45's "administration", regulations for railway corporations were drastically reduced.
During Obama's presidency, there were only 4 train derailments, in 8 years.
His administration imposed stricter regulations for braking systems and the number of rail cars allowed to run on a single engine, how many cars could carry hazardous materials, and track maintenance.
45 rescinded many of the regulations that had been imposed.
The railroad corporations have lobbied republicans hard to keep new regs from being imposed.

I hear you but our railway system has needed to be updated for a very long time. Nobody wants to put a priority on this.

The main problem is, with our expanding numbers, money has to be dedicated to building new infrastructure and maintenance for existing infrastructure is no longer fundable.

And yet republiscum think every sperm is sacred.

The R.R companies Own the trackways..it's Their responsibility to maintain them..obviously they've abandoned that responsibility in favor of greed...

@MerlinZap Of course, the male part and disregard the female egg.

"Bottom line" policies are slowly destroying infrastructure, and it is not just a USA problem. Long gone are the days when managers were rewarded for long term results.

Policies are a big part of the problem and the regressive tax system is a major issue. Still, for everyplace on the planet there is a local carrying capacity and we have overtaken our capacity and it is only getting worse. Technology only makes the problem worse.

@jackjr To Mother Earth, we are but a flea infestation, and she will shake us off like a dog shakes off fleas. Ever heard of "Pole Flipping"?

@MerlinZap I remember George Carlin saying that very thing.

@KKGator Well, maybe, but I wasn't quoting him.

@MerlinZap I'm sure he probably wasn't the first, or only, person to say it.
Wasn't accusing you of anything.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:719622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.