Agnostic.com

5 13

A Christian group has amassed more than 12,000 signatures to oust the Tennessee Republican leader who expelled two Black lawmakers

[businessinsider.com]

skado 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actual Christians!!!!!!!! And also voters, should the dipwad maybe think a moment?

Is it because of the power grab or the alleged affair? If it's a Christian group, I'm going to go with the affair.

from the article:

“”A petition by Faithful America, an online community of Christians focused on social justice issues, had gathered more than 12,500 signatures at the time of publication. The petition demands Sexton step down for his and the Republican caucus’ “authoritarian actions.” “

@skado Are they for women's rights too? Just asking....

@MichelleGar1

Great question! I didn’t know the answer, so I went looking. I found this petition in support of Roe, if that counts.

[act.faithfulamerica.org]

@skado Thanks! I did a little research on this group myself and I couldn't find their stance for women's rights, all I found was their own members contribute money to help their cause, and the members are mostly women. They believe in the separation of church and state and are fighting the Christian nationalists, so see what happens.

They’re doing what any human who believes in social justice would do…regardless of religion or political affiliation. The fact that the petition was raised by a Christian group is completely irrelevant.

Yes, in the same way it’s irrelevant to post every criminal thing a Christian does. They are doing what any criminal does, regardless of what their religious orientation is. They are all human, doing the various things humans do.

It IS relevant because what we have been seeing Christians stand for lately is not very Christian.

There are progressive Christians. Sadly they're a lot less vocal than the stupider counterparts on the far right.

Wow. Great.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:719651
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.