Agnostic.com

19 6

Is the Ouija Board a fun game for just entertainment?

I’ve never played but have been wondering cause I’d really like to try it just for the entertainment of games like I would play any other board game.

EmeraldJewel 7 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can easily google "ouija board" and find out what makes them work. Spoiler alert: it's not supernatural.

[kotaku.com]

It's kind of surprising to see how many people believe in supernatural nonsense and still consider themselves skeptics.

JimG Level 8 May 3, 2018

Have you ever considered the weird name?
Oui = French for yes
Ja = German for yes
Yet the board has a Yes or No option.

I think that the Ouiji board is bull shit and there is no proof that the supernatural even exists ; yeah I have played it and I don’t have a spook following me around.

Good cause I’m excited to play it!!!

They are, of course, woo of the highest order - just like any other method of contacting spirits or demons, because spirits and demons don't exist.

However, they can be enormously fun, especially if you - like me - are a horrible person and have gullible friends who believe in that sort of stuff. Me and "Clarence the 16th Century Miller" (who murdered his family and buried their bodies right where my friend Katie's house was later built) had a whole lot of fun with a ouija board for a few nights some years back.

Jnei Level 8 May 3, 2018

Years ago my mate and I would collude to convince gullible people we knew that the board was real - and dangerous!
We would find out about some long dead relative, then pretend they were there, spell out a message, and if the opportunity presented itself would suddenly kick the table and force the board to fly off the table - then tell the trembling participant that they had really upset the spirit world!
Fun days!

Lol I wish I could have been there to see that.

@EmeraldJewel If you had, we'd probably have been trying to make you tremble and swear off Ouija boards for ever! You would also have been in Kenya.

Ok, my 2 ¢ worth.
For some, it might be a "gateway to the subconscious ", I dunno, but as a teen, I couldn't resist moving the little thingie, spelling out whatever ornery ideas I could think of.
Just because I could.

only use it by yourself. It gives your subconscious mind a way to communicate with your conscious mind.

Oh ferpetessake, is that crap back?

I've seen people say different aspects to this query. Here is mine. Does the ouija open a portal to a demon realm? Uh probably not, that being said we know that energy exists. And on a scientific platform we also know that energy can be manipulated. So, since though is merely a working of neurons and such to create action. (Please understand I'm not an expert and this may come across incorrectly). If enough people come together in a conscious form of agreed though. Can the energy used in said communal conjunction be manipulated to open a form of portal or rift? Not to a demon realm per say, but to an alternate or parallel universe of you will. And if something on the other side sees said opening, would it be able to pass through and manipulate stuff here? We know physics has set parameters in regards to energy and physical constructs. But we also know of theories in regards to parallel universes and such. And since science and theory changes with new discovery. All I'm staying here is that this theory isnt necessarily beyond a realm of possibility. But, let's discuss and debate this. Worst thing that happens is maybe we all learn something new along the way.

It’s not beyond the realm of possibility, but there’s no reason to believe in any such thing. Reminds me of a guy someone told me about once.

I want to play the ouija board. I am scared to do so, but willing to see what happens. There was a ouija movie that came out in 2016, and I saw it too.

I guess I’m just obsessed with breaking the rules like that and want to try something daring as everyone else would put it lol.

@EmeraldJewel Only reasin why I would be scared to play the ouija boars, is all the stories I hear of what happens. My emotions just feeding into stories that can't be confirmed. You mentioned breaking the rules, and there is nothing wrong with that. One day, I will buy the game and play it. They are relatively cheep and easy to aquire.

@countrylife exactly! Mine is on its way and I personally can’t wait to try it. Some of those people possibly say things for attention.

Free association drawing is more fun. And cheaper.

I would stay away. The last time I did Ouija an eight headed demon ransacked my fridge and scared my cat.

I want some of what you were smoking..LOL

@charlotte62 it was some good ouija.

It's dumb.

I wouldn't play with it. Like someone else mentioned, you might open a door and allow something to cross over that you don't want here. I would leave it be.

Whoa! I can't believe you said that!

@BucketlistBob Has to be a joke

Yes. It's a game.

It is strictly for entertainment purposes...if you call that entertainment that is.

Both since Walmart sells it but not music with naughty language.

I wouldn't. I may not believe in god, but I do believe there are things we might not want to invite into our lives.

What!?

@BucketlistBob Cats, I don't like them, they are evil and are witches familiars.

@BucketlistBob REPUBLICANS! RUN! ?

I'm an atheist. But I also spent 10 years of my childhood in a house that had something bad in it. I know what happened, and really don't care if anybody believes me. It was REALLY bad.Other people experienced things there too.I don't live there anymore, and that's the end of that. I do believe there are things that aren't known to us. Heck they discover new life forms on this planet all the time. We don't/can't know everything that's out there, there is always something different to discover.

Better stay clear, Comet, Binky, Bunny and I might fly over on my broom. 😉

@catlady5 LOL

I have a friend that really got scared playing with that, a long time ago...???? Dont know why, but she won't go near one..

Lets see... a long time ago...that means she would of been a KID?

@BucketlistBob young adult

@Buddha well... ok.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72016
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.