Agnostic.com

3 9

LINK Tucker Carlson Bashes Fox Nation in Leaked Video – Rolling Stone

"We're doing all this extra work and no one can find it," the ousted host railed in a behind-the-scenes clip obtained by Media Matters

It’s still as yet unclear exactly why Tucker Carlson was ousted at Fox News, but there’s little doubt there was plenty of tension between the network and its biggest star. The latest indication of simmering discontent came on Monday, when Media Matters published leaked video of Carlson bashing Fox Nation, the streaming service largely marketed around original content from the host.

“Nobody watches Fox Nation because the site sucks,” Carlson said while ostensibly discussing coverage of a potential interview with Andrew Tate, a misogynist influencer who had been arrested overseas amid allegations of a slew of sex-related crimes.

“It’s hard to use that site,” Carlson continued. “I don’t know why they’re not fixing it. It’s driving me insane. They’re making, like, Lifetime movies but they don’t work on the infrastructure of the site. Like, what? It’s crazy, and it drives me crazy because we’re doing all this extra work and no one can find it. … We’re working like animals to produce all this content, and they’re ignoring the fact that the site doesn’t work. I think it’s like a betrayal of our efforts. That’s how I feel, so of course I resent it.”

Carlson would ultimately interview Tate in Aug. 2022, with much of the sit-down airing on Fox Nation. The host had been creating content for the service since 2021, including a documentary called “The End of Men” in which he promoted testicle tanning as part of the solution to a crumbling society filled with men who don’t wrestle and shoot guns enough … or something like that. Carlson also released a two-part document on Fox Nation, “Patriot Purge,” arguing the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol was a false flag.

Media Matters points out that Lachlan Murdoch had told investors in 2021 that Carlson “had helped increase Fox Nation subscriptions by 40 percent.”

The leak follows a turbulent week of reckoning with Carlson’s abrupt departure from the network last Monday. It’s been widely reported that his dismissal was related to a lawsuit filed by Abby Grossberg in which the former producer alleged the host’s senior staff regularly held discussions about women in sexist terms, often invoking the term “cunt.” Grossberg told MSNBC last week that Carlson made her life “a living hell,” and that she made nearly 100 recordings during her time with the network.

Carlson’s problematic behavior may have extended well beyond he and his staff’s misogyny. Rolling Stone reported last week that network executives maintained an “oppo file” with dirt on Carlson in order to keep him in check. Rolling Stone also reported that staff across the network were celebrating his departure. “Good riddance,” said one network correspondent. “For a while there it seemed like he was running the network. This clearly is a message that he’s not. In the interim, it’s a morale boost, that’s for sure.”

snytiger6 9 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Carlson is being used as an escape goat for Fox. Not that bastard didn't deserve it spreading lies that the dummies of this country believe like scripture.

Demagogues come and go. Hopefully the door will hit this one on his way out.

Will be interesting to see what Tucker does next.

I'd like to see him fade into obscurity...

He hasn't done anything interesting yet (unless you mean it in the sense of the ancient Chinese curse, or you're into 🐂💩). 😂

@snytiger6 I’d like to see him go off the radar too. Unlikely to happen though.

@snytiger6, @Flyingsaucesir Reading off an autocue is a pretty skilled job.

@Zealandia It took George W. Bush almost his entire eight years to manage to do even a moderate job of it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:722191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.