Agnostic.com

4 3

As a matter of fact......

St-Sinner 9 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess it is the sort of fact that would not be out of place in the cogitations of Humpty Dumpty.

I think learning about these last words of Jesus in catechism also had an impact on my early skepticism of what we were being taught to be the gospel truth. If Jesus couldn't even get his prayers answered, no wonder praying wasn't doing me any good either.

Sister Mary Michelle replied to me that Jesus died for our sins. That still didn't answer my questions. I didn't sin, or at least very rarely and usually not on purpose, in fact I had to make stuff up for confession every Saturday. So, why did we have to look at this bleeding dead guy on the cross right behind the pulpit every Sunday?

Teaching something as myth is one thing, as long as it has a point, but teaching something as the unquestionable truth is very difficult to figure out the point. Scapegoat then? So, if Jesus paid for all our sins in advance by his suffering on the cross, then are we free to go about as we please. So confusing! Much more clearer points made in other myths and stories.

That is why it is important for Christians to keep sinning so Jesus's death would not be in vain.

@St-Sinner Well that's kind of the message a person could take from it, haha. I think I'll just live within my own sense of decency contemporary mores so I can live with myself, rather than going along with the wackadoodle thinking translated from thousands of years ago. Not going to repent for what I eat or what I wear. Common sense and advice from experts in their field works for me!

Gee, I thought Jesus WAS God. So, he's talking to himself? He has forsaken himself?

One has to be a seriously intentionally stupid asshole to read the bible and swallow it. Oh, yeah, that's faith alright...

Oh the quadruple irony is too much to let go unnoticed.
A person who sees no value in fiction uses a fictitious character (Holmes) to give credit to the words of a fictitious book (the Bible) in order to discredit that same book (the Bible) and who is, as far as I can tell, a fictitious character himself (Morgan). And someone posts it as "a matter of fact".

skado Level 9 May 3, 2023
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:722384
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.