Agnostic.com

4 2

Are you over-worked because you're good at your job?

I have always been a good, hard worker. I have work ethics. I see a lot of my co-workers don't. I'm over-worked because they know that I won't turn work down. We get a lot of call offs at the last minute. As well as no call/no shows. I told my new job when I started, I don't do either of those. I've stuck to my word since I started in August. I only call off 2 weeks ahead of time for appointments only. I get over-worked because I am always called in on my days off to do someone else's job for the day. We get a free meal if it's our day off and we have to come in. I get a lot of free large drinks. Lol. I love work. I work with the best boss ever. It's always so fun and doesn't seem like work. Once she returns, work won't seem so tedious. I'm on disabilty and can only make 88 hrs a month. January 1st, 2018, less hours because minimum wage goes to $10.20. I will be sad. Less work, more pay. I would rather it the other way around. My bosses can always count on me to show up 15 minutes early every day I'm on the schedule or called in. I've never been late. Lately, we've had (for 2 days straight) 3 call offs for one day, the next 2 call offs, one no call/no show. She called off the day before too. I was already on the schedule, so no one called me in. Those who showed up, had to work harder. I value my job. Others don't. Are you over-worked?

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am also on disability. I just recently started working for my previous company again. They basically created a position for me, because due to my disability I can't do my previous job. However, with the disability I am limited to 10 hours a week. It is so hard not to work more or work "off the clock".

That is after having been over worked for the last 15 years or so.

I keep letting it be known that I learn how to do things easily and then those things become my new tasks, lol.

Cool.

Actually I am overworked because I was not working smart enough. I started the job about 15 months ago and have been struggling. My manager was wonderful but we couldn't figure out why the huge struggle. Then manager moved to another position and I have a new manager, and she sat me down with someone with more experience and had several other people with more experience check my case load. (insurance claims) I am overworking, too much follow up (essentially nagging to get the forms I need instead of letting them face the consequences of not sending in what is required), and I just got a while bunch of tips to cut down the work load. And the manager explained I might not be fast, but I am thorough, my documentation is excellent, my phone skills are top notch, and they're not giving up on me. I slept better last night than I have for over a year.

Good job! You sound like a great worker.

Not at this time, but i have experienced it in the past.

It kind of sucks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7266
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.