Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Future of religion? Hundreds attend Church service conducted by ChatGPT - Trending News

The chatbot's sermon majorly focused on themes surrounding leaving one's past behind, living in the present, not being afraid of death and maintaining faith in Jesus Christ

snytiger6 9 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anyone remember Twilight Zone episodes along this line or Star Trek where the deity ends up being a machine? We are fast moving in that direction. In the last 6 years I have learned that we humans can actually be that stupid.

As religion has always been used as a way to control people, I would nto be surprised if machines were regularly used to preach sermons.

I think that AI at its current level is pretty scary as it has no conscience or ethics programmed into it.

@snytiger6 AI is not sentient and any system of ethics would have to be programmed into it along with an ability to learn. This would be needed but some would argue that AI has no soul. Neither do you. You may be a living soul but you do not have or possess a soul.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:726753
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.