Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Christian evangelist: I helped a woman grow an inch taller instantaneously!

"God literally made her taller," said Nathan French, who offered no proof whatsoever

(I'd be willing to bet she simply straightened out from slouching... if they even actually bothered to measure at all.)

Right-wing evangelist Nathan French has spent years making predictions that never pan out.

He once said God would wipe out the social media companies that banned Donald Trump from their platforms… which hasn’t happened. (Though Elon Musk is working on it.) He also said Trump would return to power by April of 2021 … which [checks watch] did not happen.

Now he’s claiming he helped a woman grow one inch instantaneously.

On Friday, during a live-streamed interview with prophetic “healer” Yvon Attia, French casually tossed out an anecdote about how he was preaching at a church and praying for healing for people whose legs were different sizes. An unnamed woman walked up to him, he said, and asked for help to grow taller.

Why not?! he thought.

Next thing he knew, she was an inch taller.

… and one lady came because God was growing legs out. You know, sometimes people have misaligned spines, or one leg just didn't grow and it's shorter than the other and they have to get heels. And so I see a lot of these legs just go [sound effect]—whether it's an inch, a half-inch, two inches—and you just command them to grow, and they go [sound effect], and it's really fun to see that and to see the look on people's faces.

But one lady saw people's legs growing out in the meeting, and then… she's like, “Can God make me taller? I want to be taller!”

And she was short and she wanted to be tall. And I laughed ‘cause I'd never actually seen anybody ask for that. But I just thought, “Well, if God can grow out a leg, then He can grow out both legs.”

So we sat her down and we command the legs, you know, “In Jesus’ name, I command these legs grow one inch!”

And the legs go [sound effect]! Like one inch!

And then her brother was there. He goes, “I'll check and see… if you grew.” And the brother comes over, and they go back to back, and they're the same height! And normally he's taller by an inch! So it's hilarious. Like, God literally made her taller.

So it's, like, those things are fun for God. I think He loves to express… just His goodness by showing us that He really is able to do it. Not only able but willing to perform the miraculous. Just to say, “Hey, I'm here. I'm with you. And, yes, I am the miracle worker who still does miracles today.”

Think about everything that has to be true for us to take that anecdote seriously.

No one had a phone or camera on hand to document any of these height realignments. No one captured this woman getting taller. Including French or his team.

No doctors were available to confirm this happened.

God had the power to make that woman taller, but instead of making her 4-5 inches taller (which would be indisputable proof that something wild happened), He went with a single inch, which makes it a lot harder for anyone to verify.

No one bothered to measure the actual height of a woman who claimed she was suddenly an inch taller. There’s no before and after. There’s only a back-to-back comparison with a sibling (which can easily be manipulated as any competitive sibling would know).

God enjoys making people taller just for “fun” but He refuses to visit cancer wards, protect refugees fleeing dangerous places, or rescue rich people in submersibles.

French himself didn’t broadcast this supposed miracle in real time. He only mentioned it as an aside during a random live-stream in the middle of the day.

Who knows. Maybe French just wanted to jump on the same attention bandwagon as the Christian woman who claimed to regrow her three amputated toes.

But there are really only two options here as I see it: Either French is purposely suppressing evidence of a supposed event that, if true, would arguably be a jaw-dropping, science-defying miracle that would bring countless people to Christ… or he doesn’t really care about spreading the Gospel message.

It’s a lot easier for grifters to claim they have possession of the truth than produce any evidence of it. (See: Lindell, Mike.) French is no different. If these miracles are happening, he ought to put up or shut up. Until then, it’s only fair to assume he’s a Christian liar who gets his kicks from deceiving people dumb enough to take him seriously.

snytiger6 9 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So did I but it involved lifts in her shoes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:726956
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.