Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Michigan salon owner: I won't service trans people; they can go to a "pet groomer"

In a now-deleted Facebook post, Christine Geiger also mocked people with personal pronouns

Using the Supreme Court’s recent anti-LGBTQ ruling as her springboard, the owner of a hair salon in Traverse City, Michigan says she won’t allow any trans people inside her store because they should see a “pet groomer” instead. She added that anyone who uses personal pronouns wouldn’t be welcome either.

When the Supreme Court issued its recent ruling in 303 Creative LLC, the case involving a bigoted Christian website designer, the bottom line was that Lorie Smith could refuse to make a (theoretical) wedding website for a same-sex couple even though it violated Colorado’s anti-discrimination laws. The conservative SCOTUS majority said designing websites was a form of artistic expression, therefore no one could force the owner of that company to do something against her faith-based values.

That ruling, however, opened the door to more questions, like whether a Christian business owner could discriminate against an interracial couple or what exactly counted as “artistic” expression.

Looks like Studio 8 Hair Lab owner Christine Geiger wants those answers now, especially since Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed a law earlier this year expanding non-discrimination laws to include LGBTQ people.

Geiger recently posted this on Facebook on her company’s page:

(Follow article link to view photos/PDFs that accompany article.)

If a human identifies as anything other than a man/woman please seek services at a local pet groomer. You are not welcome at this salon. Period.

Should you request to have a particular pronoun used please note we may simply refer to you as “hey you”. Regardless of MI HB 4744. ([Kiss] my ASS Governor Witchmere [wink while sticking out tongue])

This is America; free speech. This small business has the right to refuse services. We are not bound to any oaths as realtors are regarding discrimination. My recent airport experience validates this. [Smiling grin]

#takeastand
#garrettsoldono

Besides just being an asshole in the most juvenile ways, Geiger’s rant makes no sense at all. The argument that the Supreme Court heard involved a woman who refused to make a custom wedding website for a (hypothetical) same-sex couple. If a trans person comes in to receive the same haircut or highlights as a cis person, there’s nothing about the service violating Geiger’s beliefs. It’s not the same situation.

(How would she even know which of her customers are trans? Is there a questionnaire for clients? Who knows.)

Still, Geiger doubled down on her bigotry in a local Traverse City Facebook group:

I have no issues with LGB. It’s the TQ+ that I’m not going to support. For those that don’t know what the + is for, it’s for MAP (Minor Attracted Person aka: pedophile) This stance was taken to insure that clients have the best experience and I am admitting that since I am not willing to play the pronoun game or cater to requests outside of what I perceive as normal this probably isn't the best option for that type of client.

There are over 800 licensed stylists in the County. There are plenty of salons/stylists willing to cater to what I will not. This is a free country and I am not a slave to any narrative.

Conservatives need to acclimate these woke individuals to their new reality. Conservatives have HAD ENOUGH of their ideologies being projected onto us.

We used to “just let them be”. Most of us kept our opinions to ourselves. I mean why look for unnecessary conflict; right? Well the other side used this against us. They mistook our silence for weakness and look where it got us.

So now many of us bark back we speak out and we make it CLEAR where we stand on these issues. They can’t handle it. They aren’t prepared for this. So I am more than willing to take the first rounds of strike backs in hopes that more of you will see this and be inspired to stand up tall and speak your own truths and not simply let them be.

The + is not, in fact, a symbolic representation of pedophilia. (She must be mistaking that for a cross in a Catholic church&hellip😉 There’s no pronoun “game” being played. And Geiger is in no way a martyr for her cause.

If she’s worried about child safety, she may want to look in the mirror.

snytiger6 9 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The last I heard about this was that the company that supplies products to this salon has terminated their business relationship with the salon.

The salon owner is wrong. Even so, I do not get the personal pronoun thing. It is a distraction. We have always had trans people. This is a fact. This does not mean I have "they, them" friends or would invite "they, them" to dinner. Again, it is a distraction. I voiced this opinion on Facebook and lost a social media friend. He is atheist and suggested that "I might be a bigot." I knew immediately this was because his S. O. is trans. Later he un-friended me using the idea that I do not like his FB snake posts. It is true that I do not like snakes. Don't wanna see a snake, buy a snake, raise a snake, no talking snakes, and on and on about snakes. Zuckerberg would not allow me to permanently un-view the snake pics either, so now because of personal pronouns I am un-friended. There is a snake in the woodpile here somewhere.

The pronoun thing is all about symbolism. They refuse to use people's selected pronoun just like they refuse to fill out a form to get a gun or fill out a form to justify their business's (church's) tax exempt status.

@BitFlipper Using people's selected pronoun. What does that mean? Who are "they/them" and why would any person of any chosen gender identify that way?

There are secret trans adutls hidden under clothing and there are bearded old boys in a falsie bra purple wig and 200 pounds atop stiletto heels... .... there are civil rights to be ENFORCED and there are rapists wearing dresses wanting to be imprisoned with women felons.... freedom for all EXCEPT CRIMINALS or insane

A rapist in a dress does not even have a snowball's chance of being imprisoned with women felons. What is an adult trans person hidden under clothing? Have you seen one? Which sex have they become? Maybe we should put them in a nudist colony so as to identify them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:727230
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.