Agnostic.com

9 2

Worship or fight?

The question in this profile "how certain are you there are no gods?"... I take the stance that I can be certain of nothing, only consider probabilities.
It's so miniscule of a chance...
If one did show up though, I'd probably try to did a way to kill it. Those things are cruel! Lol
Poll question: if a god was floating in the sky in front of you, and gave you satisfactory evidence to believe it was in fact a higher power, would you worship or fight it? (Let's go with Jesus for the sake of simplicity)

• 1 vote
  • 7 votes
  • 11 votes
hightidelowshore 3 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My fighting days are behind me. My worshiping days never happened. I'd see if it wanted to play a few tunes 🙂

I would be more likely to sit down to drinks than fight anything

The odds of me worshiping anything are even lower than the existence of god(s)/higher power.

If Gods are/were real they are aliens, so it would totally depend on how they presented. We have records of epic space battles happen on here on Earth ( Mahabharata, 1560's Nurenberg, etc.)

Yes, i can relate.

I have no place in life for any higher power that demands worship, makes threats, or imposes its will.
It is simple bullying, you never back down to a bully.

How do you fight a god. It would not be a god if you could fight it . Also only a fool would not worship something that had the ability to make you suffer for eternity if you did otherwise .Just ask those poor bastards in North Korea .

I'd prefer to refuse the vile entity than submit to it.

@hightidelowshore. After being on fire for about 10 seconds I think you will change your mind.

@HarrySlick set on fire by the same vile being. I couldn't forgive the torture to worship but tormentor.

Bring It On deity!

Old Testament guy, fight him. New Testament guy, ask him first WTF.

If it were the Jew from Bethlehem I'd tell him people went crazy and created a religion around him. Weird huh?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.