Agnostic.com

5 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And yet mainstream political figures and tens of millions of people are still living in this medieval fantasy world. And they have zero compunctions about imposing it on people who disagree. Good sign, but we aint out of the woods yet.

Thats great, fear and ignorance is declining, and intelligence is increasing.

That does not necessarily follow, as evidenced by the rise of Deepak Chopra, Q, KKK, Trump and their ilk

I'm talking about fictional Christianity the religious hoax, the deception behind religion that causes psychological damage to the individuals mind and slows human progress guilt, shame and people that reject medical help and let their children be healed by a fictional god that puts the children in danger a worthless fictional god that allowed millions of innocent people to perish in world war two or Ukraine and all of the other horrors of human suffering or witch hunts in the 17th century, Galileo's astronomy work rejected by religion, flat earth ignorance the religious rejection of science, the holocaust, earthquakes that kill thousands of people .those other issues that you mentioned are issues themselves, the rise of Christian nationalism the attack on the Capital for example .Religion being twisted. my head will never be bowed or my hands ever be put up in the air for a worthless god.

Thank God for that! 🤣

…in the U.S., while the trend is in the other direction worldwide.

skado Level 9 Aug 22, 2023

seriously doubt that...all of Scandanavia, Iceland, Much of Europe and the UK are all ''getting over it". For one stunning example, ireland breaking free of catholic doctrine to legalize abortion.

@AnneWimsey
The statistics are on the internet if you’re interested. If you find I’m wrong, I would appreciate your letting me know.

@skado Thats where i got the info in my reply.............
i try to get 3-4-5 views as statistics as you know are easily skewed/misread or downright manipulated.
i also tend to base my feeling of what is actually true on what i see. What is see here in the Northeast USA is abandoned churches, usually HUGE churches, or with a congregation of less than 50 and at best, crumbling.
What is see in our South is small, freshly-built churches where even the parking lot is so well-maintained you could eat off it, about 500 yards , if that, away from another one.
So it is therefore to me a really regional thing, religion, and therefore i believe what i read that buttresses that.

@AnneWimsey
I don't see any reference, in your reply, to world trends. If you know of statistics that have measured world trends, and found religious participation to be diminishing world-wide could you please share them with me? Scandinavia, Iceland, Europe and the UK are not representative of the world, and our personal impressions are not as reliable as actual measurement.

Certainly not in Scotland. Every town has redundant churches. The church of Scotland is closing ten churches in my area due to falling congregations and the cost of maintenance including this beauty in my home town.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:728833
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.