Agnostic.com

6 2

Douglas MacGregor with some astute observations on the Ukrainian debacle

Where do the European countries & USA go from here?

Can they develop wisdom & learn from past mistakes or will blind egos, greed & corruption continue at the expense of the wellbeing of the majority of humanity?

• 1 vote
  • 3 votes
  • 3 votes
FrayedBear 9 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Utter naive ideological delusion.
Before you start trying to change the world you have to understand two axiomatic maxim that lay behind all politics. They may be immoral, evil even, but they are true, thousands of years of lived experience has proven that this is how leader rise and retain power.
Those who forget, fall.
No 1 Might makes right, this is the big stick, the authoritarian father who makes you feel safe.
No 2 Is Capitalism, the promise of bread today and every day and Jam tomorrow, IF you conform to the system.
This is the carrot.
Hegemony is the second string to this bow. You can have a Rolls Royce if you prove yourself worthy, tomorrow.... but for today you can have a pretty good ford to get you by... If you prove yourself worthy.

This why in a "Civilised" society theft is worse than murder, killing someone to take their car is abominable and death worthy, but killing some one to stop them stealing your car is positively laudable.

Things are more important than people, especially people who are not "really" people, for what ever reason.

Master the use of the carrot and the stick, and "the people" will not only follow you, they will worship and love you as you beat them, steal from them and as you feed their children to your war machine, they will thank you for the honour.

Stupid¹
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
2. The probability that a certain person (will) be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.
3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.
4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.
5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.

Corollary: a stupid person is more dangerous than a pillager.

@FrayedBear I am familiar

What did MacGregor mean by “rootless cosmopolitans” when talking to a group of Serbian Americans here?

Or here where he says according to a CNN article: “They feel entitled,” Macgregor said. “And when the food stamps stop, when the free services end, when the heating bills aren’t paid and the heating doesn’t come through in many of these large cities—Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, Washington, Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit, New Orleans, San Francisco, Los Angeles—this underclass that resides in these places, I think could become very violent.”

(starting at 35:10)

CNN: [cnn.com]

From the Wikipedia he seems to be a frequenter of Fox News and Putin’s mouthpiece RT:
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

So he does not seem a neutral commenter when talking in your video about a “failure of empathy and a lack of true engagement with the people and cultures that are at the heart of these issues”. Where is Putin’s empathy?

"Where is Putin’s empathy?" After 8 years of watching ethnic Russians being genocidally killed by Ukrainians & foreign mercenaries promulgated & funded from the USA the Russian Federation said enough is enough and sent a force into Ukraine to stop it. When you start talking from that point & acknowledging that it is because of your acceptance of the US propaganda you are brainwashed by that this debacle in Ukraine exists then we may reach a point to intelligently move forward from. Putin is not the only spokesperson for the Russian Federation.

Ask him yourselfv

You can contact him at :
doug@douglasmacgregor.com

@FrayedBear Putin has no empathy and the remainder of your post is pure bullshit.

Wars will continue to happen for as long as sociopaths manipulate other the people so that they themselves become dictators. Mugabe, Mussolini, Hitler, Mao Zedong, Stalin, Pinochet, Kim Il Sung ...

Sorry but he lost me at the 1st spouting of "globalist elite, bye

Continue to ignore those who have kept you where you have been all your deprived life Kelvin.

@FrayedBear "The fault dear Brutus, lies not in our stars but in ourselves that we are underlings"

@273kelvin you are only an underling because it was decreed before your birth & your father's father's birth. Recognise those who determined that it should be so. Remove that yoke together with substitutes & you may have a chance of an improved life.

@FrayedBear Hey apart from health problems, (which the NHS is dealing with) my life is pretty damn good. I live in a great flat, in a great area of a great city. I can afford to eat well and go to the pub if I want to. So sorry Im not manning any barricades today mate

@FrayedBear Who are They you speak of? Should I buy tinfoil?

@FrayedBear When MacGregor speaks of “… a call to reflection a call to action and a call to responsibility” is he exempting Putin from such high mindedness?

@273kelvin you are in a fortunate position in that you are suitably homed. Many still aren't [bigissue.com]

As for the NHS will they control or fix your health problems before they kill you? Are you saying that reports like this are untrue?
[npr.org]

@Scott321 why is it that you think that Putin is the only person in the Russian Federation?

Is it because your own American President is a dictator who does not do the will of the American people?

@FrayedBear Because Russia is an autocracy. Like there is only one guy in charge of Tesla/Twitter, Virgin, etc Just HOW many diverse views do you think that Putin encourages?
Btw I`m a Brit so he ain't my pres

They are Punch and Judy. Who the **** is pulling the strings?

There's only one person speaking. Who is "they"?

@FrayedBear Who are the globalist elites we should be concerned about? Are they “rootless cosmopolitans”?

@Scott321 as I did not make the remark I cannot answer your question. Please contact the person who did & then share his response in order to enlighten us all.
You can contact him at :
doug@douglasmacgregor.com

If they have not learned from past mistakes, why would anyone expect them to do so now?

Do or die.

@FrayedBear Looks like die.

@Jolanta your choice

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:729319
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.