Agnostic.com

3 0

Just received in an old mail box & needing sharing with you sober minded people. I haven't seen the movie but if you're into family fun it sounds to be interesting click bait?

----- Forwarded message -----
From: Your Catholic Voice Foundation <userexperience@ycvf.org>
To: you
Sent: Wednesday, 27 September 2023 at 12:30:01 pm AEST
Subject: STOP this Blasphemy: Streaming Jesus
[americaneedsfatima.org]
Why isn't it on YouTube or X?

FrayedBear 9 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've not seen this movie myself but I remember the "Life of Brian" protests and I got a similar one a few years back.
This was over a film that depicted Jesus as a woman* My daughter's friend who is very Christian got on FB and petitioned for its banning. I pointed out to her some of the other things that Christians have tried to ban over the years like.. the printing press, the Bible in English, cats and Elvis to name but a few and it might be better to let it be as she does not have to watch it.

In my experience all of the negative BS about this movie is what pushed it on to be a big hit. Willem Dafoe is Jesus in this film and his "last temptation" while dying on the cross is to imagine a normal life with Mary Magdeline instead of being the Christ. It does not follow any gospel naratives.

Thanks.

I had this film on VHS for years, it is pretty good, and is worth it for Harvey Keitel as Judas screaming Traitor! At Willem Dafoe's Jesus refusing to allow himself to be Crucified

Isn't this film spoken in Aramaic and pictured the real violence of J. Christ's calvary towards crucifixion? What did there people expect? Everything very pretty and lovely?

Dunno, I haven't seen it.

I was sent the link with request for condemnation if not damning by an elderly eccentric Dutch woman. I haven't bothered to ascertain if she is Catholic or Lutheran.

@FrayedBear, if it's the film I'm thinking about, the scene of the calvary is very violent. If J. Christ existed, the scene would be very close to what happened. That shows that people don't make much sense, especially the group that said that about the movie.

No that is the Mel Gibson's passion of the Christ, a nasty little bit of Anti-Semitic fuckery.

@LenHazell53, thanks for the correction.

@LenHazell53, @Paddypereira good Catholic boy Mel doesn't like Jews does he?

@FrayedBear, isn't he a Jew himself?

@FrayedBear He is famously an Anti-Semite, especially when he is drunk, or being arrested or both, he is also a holocaust denier
@Paddypereira No he is not Jewish, he is a Roman Catholic

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:732200
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.