Agnostic.com

8 1

What was your favorite Star Wars Episode?

Please comment about why or if one was a close second for you, where Rogue One might rank among these, or any thoughts you might have. MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!

• 9 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
KingofHarts 7 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A New Hope, followed by Rogue One.

Return Of The Jedi. I liked Jabba's palace on Tatooine, and Endor was really cool. A close second would have been The Empire Strikes Back.

C3PO and the desert scenes

I loved to rogue one too. never realized how sexist and racist the original star wars was. but the first star wars. I was 13 and had never ever seen anything like that....I was also a secret science fiction lover (I was a girl you werent really suppossed to be into science fiction) was also just one of the best moment of my life.

Vvvv Level 2 May 4, 2018

I only saw the first one and disliked it so much I've never seen any since.

@Silvertongue You didn't miss anything, just a lot of FX and lame stories , it's not really even Sci/Fi to me, I call it Space Opera, as in Horse Opera, Soap Opera, etc.

Rogue One is the best...none of the others are close! Why isn't it on the list?

lol. You can only have up to eight options in these polls so I stuck with the episodes.

I can understand you saying R1 is the best. I don't know if I could say it was THE best movie of the entire franchise. I just have too much respect for the original Trilogy. That said, this is among the best Star Wars scenes ever:

@KingofHarts Love Rogue 1 to bits. When I saw that scene at the cinema it just blew me away. Showed Vader at his best (worst). I mean, we always knew he was a badass, but that gave a glimpse of his true power. Absolutely epic.
I think a new hope always has to be the best though. It was the introduction to the Star Wars universe, and i was only 8.

@Merovingian That was definitely Vader in his prime. Also, I think what makes this scene resonate with me (and I assume others) is the tie in with a A New Hope which is so incredibly meaningful for the reason you mentioned.

Has to be "A New Hope" for me. I was 15, and I'd never seen anything like it. I was immediately engaged, and became invested in the characters. It was also one of the very
first instances where there was a truly strong female lead character. She was a total badass, and saved her male counterparts as often as they saved her. That Lucas
wrote Padme in a similar fashion, in the prequels, was quite satisfying to me. Leia came
by her badassery honestly. She got it from her mama.
I've thoroughly enjoyed ALL of them, even "Phantom Menace".
"Rogue One" was excellent, and helped answer a few questions. It was a nice
addition between "Revenge of the Sith" and "A New Hope".
I took my then 8 year old great-nephew to see "Rogue One. When his dad came to pick us up after it was over and asked how the movie was, the first words out of his mouth were, "It was SO cool!!! Everybody DIES!!!" That prompted a conversation about spoilers. LOL
I don't do any of the fan fiction, or comics, the movies have been all the canon
I've ever needed. I'll be taking the boy child to see "Solo" later this month.
May the Fourth be with You.

Hard for me to choose between empire and tfa.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73299
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.