Agnostic.com

3 10

"Life after death" is also self love that religions want you to keep indulging in

St-Sinner 9 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I call it hubris: people thinking their little lives are so important, they can't imagine it ending and eventually being totally forgotten, lost to the sands of time. Walt Whitman saw young men mowed down by the score in the American Civil War. It inspired him to write Leaves of Grass. In the grand scheme of things, that's exactly what we are. Leaves of grass.

"I bequeath myself to the dirt
to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your bootsoles."
-- Walt Whitman

Religious preachers always prod their followers to seek answers to why they are put in their universe, what could be the divine purpose behind it and make the topic complicated and the question very convoluted.

To this idiocy, India's famous atheist and Richard Dawkins awardee Javed Akhtar asked them..."Why not ask why a cockroach is on the ground? Why not ask why the tick is in your hair? The real answer to all that is we are just biology and we will die just like a cockroach and tick will die. There is nothing freaking divine about that".

Funny, I see other atheists on this site complaining that religion teaches people to hate themselves.

skado Level 9 Oct 14, 2023

Maybe better than self hate?

skado Level 9 Oct 14, 2023
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:733864
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.