Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Jonathan Taplin Tells How Peter Thiel, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk and Marc Andreessen Could Destroy Society

Jonathan Taplin, director emeritus of the USC Annenberg Innovation Lab and author of the new book, The End of Reality: How Four Billionaires are Selling a Fantasy Future of the Metaverse, Mars, and Crypto, tells The New Abnormal how the future of our society hinges on the actions of four American billionaires—Peter Thiel, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk and Marc Andreessen.

“Elon Musk would like us to give him $10 trillion to go to Mars. Mark Zuckerberg thinks you’re gonna spend seven to eight hours a day with a virtual reality helmet on because you’ll be at home without anything to do. Peter Thiel would like to live to 200 and has got lots of plans for how you can do that. And Marc Andreessen is wanting to sell you an NFT, which as someone noted yesterday in The Wall Street Journal, 95 percent of those holding NFTs that they bought in 2021 are worthless investments today,” Taplin told Andy Levy.

Taplin says he is not calling the four billionaires fascists but says through their work they are creating the conditions under which fascism can flourish.

HankHunter13 7 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are creating the conditions where fascism will flourish and they are also four very mixed up billionaires. Zuck believes in virtual reality bigtime and one of my daughters got me to wear the glasses and check it out. My reaction was "what the hell?" I'm not a gamer and I do not need this to imagine I am somewhere else.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:734378
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.