Agnostic.com

13 2

What puts a glide in yo stride and a dip in yo hip?

Specifically what fun hobbies/exercises have you found to help your back/shoulder/hip alignment and decompress your back the most? Yoga, swimming, and walking are the obvious choices, what else? The best thing I ever found for my understanding of alignment and core strength was learning to play drums. Gotta get another kit though, don’t currently have one. I’ve also recently found that training with martial arts weapons (nunchaku and bo staff) are a good fun way to broaden your back and work on hip/shoulder alignment. Disclaimer: only take up nunchaku if you’re a bit of a masochist. You WILL hurt yourself many times. Any other fun ideas?

Wurlitzer 8 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And where you at ? I got a great kit for sale at a really good price.

Northeast Tennessee unfortunately. I’d love to have it but my current living situation needs a lot of work before I’ll have room to move one in. Someday soon I hope!

Almost anything.
Some good funk never fails to get me moving.

What, haven't you got any Rubbachucks?

Nah that’s for folks who hedge their bets. I take my chances ?‍♂️?

Running.... that's it. I mean, it was.....It's interesting and depressing at the same time how the physical skills keep vanishing over time when you start to get older. I'll say it again, whoever designed life sucks big dirty balls !!!!!

"You WILL hurt yourself many times." Well! With a recommendation like that.....mmmmm, NOPE! 🙂

Aikido, Tai Chi, rock climbing, archery.

All good exercises for having 'a bit of stretch' but good mix of physical/mental exercise.

Also, you know you can buy foam practice nunchaku now? Lots less pain, especially in the early years of practice.

Haha yeah but where’s the fun in that? I wanted to teach myself maximum respect n technique with the instrument from the get go lol.

@Wurlitzer I hear you. The foam ones aren't as much fun I agree.

@Eastrenbi yep that’s all I had when I was a kid, I wanted real ones so badly lol. Probably best I didn’t get them at that age, cause mature, super careful me has already half blacked his eye once ? steer clear, makin omelettes here people!

A bowl in my hand, already smoking. Broadens my mind.

Playing music and a good realationship. Music is much easier. ?

Cycling

Ange Level 5 May 4, 2018

Knowing that I’m transcending the disaster that is existence.

Music, I love all kinds . I'm currently enamored with Cardi B and her unabashed REALNESS.

Mountain biking .. cycling in general .. it's all core.. Even though been injured and out of it for about 8 years.. Just getting back to it. I can happily withstand a 15 stone person doing fairly high jumps and landing back on my tummy from stand on it. Cycling and gymnastics suppose. Also rock climbing. Free climing ropes without use of legs to see how far you can go too is cool.Thai Chi is my next mission.. chi gung. Musical instruments do balance you somehow. Reckon must be the brain.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73576
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.