Agnostic.com

27 1

What is your success rate?

In the age of online dating... what is your successful date rate?

Have you had successful dating experiences with people you connected with online?

• 3 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 16 votes
Wrightuphere123 4 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1 fantastic date in 2 years... She ghosted me soon after. Still trying to figure out how to break the news that i'm pregnant with her child and that she is my future wife

Your poll is missing 'zero.'. Yeah, I know it's less than 50 percent, but it's that much less that it needs it's own entry. ?

True dat!

Added a zero!

I'm not looking for dating here, but I did meet my husband online. We have been married for 22 years

@Heart_Truth I met him in a college chat room. It wasn't specifically for dating, but that is what most people used it for. I dated a few other guys I met there as well. My best friend at the time also married someone we met there. They are also still married.

Most women I contact seem fine at first.Then we have discussions and it all goes downhill! I ask who they supported in the last election.When they answer 45 then I walk! I tell them I could not hang out with someone with so little self esteem and empathy.That guy makes me sick! That has been my dating experience.

Would need to define success.
Most of mine fall apart at the chatting stage before meeting.
Of those met, only 1 I refused to see again, 1/3 of the others died after 4 meetings, just not enough interest on either side, no bad feelings. Roughly 1/2 of the rest became intimate of which I no longer see 2. Those that I never became intimate with and the remaining ones that I did, I still talk to on a regular basis and see occasionally. This is over almost 20 years, so I consider these ladies quite close friends, in fact pretty much are my only friends in my age group. So I consider that quite successful. Most now have new partners but we still catch up.

I've met less than 10 people online over the years and dated 1, become friends with 1.

How do you define a "successful date?" Are you saying:

1. I have never been stood up = 100% success rate?

2. Over 80% of men posted old photos, and lied about their age, weight and/or height = 20% success rate?

3. Seventy-five percent of men I met expected sex on the first date = 25% success rate?

Scratches head.

I am getting to know a highly intelligent, hilarious and extremely fit (ripped) man I met through Fitness Singles. We're in the "getting to know you" stage. He has a fun weekend planned for us, starting with dinner and jazz music in Seattle. I'm excited!

One. But that was all I needed.

Not too many successes but I have some crazy stories that keep me laughing

@Fanburger one guy was telling me about how he sometimes filled in as a bouncer at a club. So I guess to get his point across as to him being a fearless guy he pulled a knife out and stuck it in the restaurant table

@Fanburger yes wood table. I think he just carried away.

@Fanburger OK but do not steal my material for a book! I had a first date with a guy and apparently he bought me a bouquet of flowers but didn't want to give them to me until after the date was over and he had decided if I was worthy of flowers. So he put them in the trunk of his car. It was July and really hot. So after our date he opened the trunk and handed me a bouquet of very dead flowers

@Fanburger dead flower worthy??.

@Fanburger I just said "thanks, that was really thoughtful"

@Fanburger unfortunately I do not know any zombie chicks

@Fanburger I sent him an email the next day and thanked him for dinner and said that I didn't think we had enough in common to go out again. It had nothing to do with the dead flowers.

@Fanburger sometimes just in conversation it is hard to decide so that is why meeting someone face to face usually gives you the last piece of the puzzle and then you can decide. Here's another story: I was carrying on a month long email and telephone conversation with a man. Conversation was wonderful and very deep on many levels but when we met a month later he looked at me and said, " you know what, I am not at all attracted to you" End of story. I thought it was rather cruel to be so blunt but....oh well c'est la vie

@Fanburger Thanks that is very sweet of you to say. Maybe the guy in question was really looking for a buxom blonde. Who knows but at least I had some very interesting conversations

My husband and I met online over eighteen years ago.

What is your definition of success? I have been on dates some good, a number mediocre and some frightening. The first after divorce told me all liberals are stupid and rush limbaugh was a genius. Surprised I didn’t crawl back into my hole and stop dating.

jab60 Level 6 May 4, 2018

I have had zero dates in 2 years. Talked to some people, but it never worked out.

It depends...if we are talking about my student passing the AP classes sometimes was 95% and others 100%. Now, if we are talking about dating....well, not that successful. 🙂

People that I actually meet, or also just people that I have just talked with and never met? If it's people I've actually met, then it's been over a 50% success rate. If it's also with people I have just talked with and never met, then it's below a 50% success rate.

Haven't had a date from the site and probably won't. 0% ?

1 out of 8, found a keeper!

N7EIE Level 6 May 4, 2018

Hmmm. Lots of texting, chatting, talking. Big weed-out process. Over two years, been on dates with 7. The tally so far is two relationships, one FWB, 3 nice folks but no interest in a second date, and one restraining order. (Had 5 dates—not a relationship—broke it off; he went psycho stalker, confirming my suspicions.)

I've not had a date in ten years. Lol

I haven't either. But then again, I'm a social phobic so I don't meet many people.

@Stevil I had to look up the word, but yes. I really REALLY hate being around people especially strangers.

I'm the only women in the friend zone. And thats okay.

Not looking to date in any conventional sense.
Only to meet people and if something cliks, it will.
Never met anyone ( band & theater aside) from an online source.
Have set up meets in public places, coffee, etc. No one showed.

Most don't even want to meet. They talk forever but never want to meet in person

You'd have to be slack alice to get over 50%

I don't date online, it's easier for me to just get out and meet new women.

Before I married my late partner I was with some dating clubs. This was before online and we had to actually contact the person of which we were interested. I did go out with a number of interesting women. One was a nun who decided that that life was not for her and left. I was the first guy she went with. Another woman who was very wealthy and had several counseling clinics on the west coast. She was a bit older than I but fabulous looking. It turned out her biological clock alarm was going off and she wanted to adopt a child from China. She was actually looking for a man to take of the child when she was away. I have had some success with online sites now but it has never gone past one date. BTW, I did not meet my partner with a dating group but was introduced by my brother-in-law. Referrals can offer lots of benefits.

My profile said "no 1 night stands, no FWBs, no drinkers". Evidently that is a siren's song for every drunk lothario with a keyboard & the conviction that he is Don Juan incarnate to hit me up with graphic emails of what he'd do to me with his impossibly long schlong or just random dick pics. The few who were "real", we met for coffee but no chemistry...especially when they ordered Irish coffee.

??

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73615
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.