Agnostic.com

26 7

How do you communicate a refusal to donate to religious groups? (more inside)

I held out a $5 donation and then...

I was just in the nearby shopping mall and saw a table where they wrap gifts and the money goes to charity. Where I came from, the local high school band used to do this. So out of habit, i started pulling out a $5 dollar bill... then looked at their sign and saw that the donation goes to a local Pentacostal Church. The bill went back into my wallet and I said that I might come back if I bought something to wrap.

This is an example of my conflict avoiding response to such things. They did NOT reach out to me, so I have no issue with the nice people behind the table. But - should I have told them I was not going to be back and why?

MrLizard 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would not lie. I would disappointedly put the money back in my wallet and walk away.

It even disappoints me that so many others support your lying. Why did no one else mention this????????

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7379
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.