Agnostic.com

27 3

Are you a competitive person or the opposite?

EmeraldJewel 7 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love a good competitive game. But when it comes to general arguments, I'd rather be happy than be right.

smox Level 4 May 5, 2018

Opposite. Don't mind "losing"; sometimes will knowingly employ a losing strategy out of curiosity, just to see the specific results. Will happily "let" someone else win if they need a boost; will do so grudgingly to avoid a nasty scene with a cutthroat type. Usually "just playing" or participating is plenty for me.

I'm sensitive to this because my motives are frequently misinterpreted.

I have my moments, though. Word games (Scrabble, cryptograms, etc.) are my domain and I will slay without reservation. I let myself have that one thing...

I'm not either... retired now... just a grateful person.

Not anymore...

I was competitive when I was young. Now that I am old, I am better at taking pleasure in other people's successes.

Not so much.

I used to think I wasn't competitive, but came to learn that I am. It's easier to deal with when you recognize it.

I don't feel that I'm competitive , but I do push my self at work and play .

Competition... where? I'm in!

ebdb Level 7 May 5, 2018

Either or, doesn't mean to much to me

I am the most uncompetitive person ever, I am far more uncompetitive than you or any other person and I'd lay money on that!

Bahahahaha!

The opposite. I know that competition has its place and can create better results. I simply have other values influencing me besides topping other people.

Zster Level 8 May 5, 2018

Not

I am quite competitive but more for me than to win.

Too competitive to be a Marxist.

I am highly competitive. However, I compete mainly with myself, not so much with others unless it is important. You know, one of those things where I do something well one time and the next time I need to do it better.

I'm competitive, but trying to get over it.

Not very.
There isn't much worth competing for.

I'm competitive, but I know when to put on the brakes.

Ambition is a poor excuse for not being smart enough to get away with being lazy.

I'm a very cooperative person, but I enjoy competition from time to time. The problem is, I can enjoy competition a bit too much. It's a rather sobering realization to catch yourself in the throes of bloodlust. That's why I usually avoid competition these days.

Very competitive, but I tend to avoid competitions I think I won't win.

Heck freaking YES.... the only exception is the win-win situation where sometimes you have to cave in a little for the good of the whole picture.

Depends on the situation, I have never played or watched sports, am not interested in competing, if we were playing a game of some sort and it seemed important to you, I would let you win, but not easily. In relationships I mostly let the other person win, however if something is extremely to me, I don't lose. I keep at it until I succeed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.