Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Fetterman mocks Speaker Johnson over Biden impeachment inquiry push: ‘Oh no!’ -- The Hill

Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) went after Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) on Monday, mocking his effort for an impeach inquiry of President Biden over unproven claims of illicit family business deals.

“Oh, no, please, please don’t!” Fetterman joked in a CNN interview Monday. “Impeachment! Oh, my God. That bad, bad man. It’s so scary. Oh, no!”

Johnson committed to pushing for a floor vote on an impeachment inquiry of Biden last week, claiming a House Oversight and Accountability Committee investigation into the president’s family has found enough to warrant a full impeachment effort.

“The evidence is so clear you cannot look away,” Johnson said Saturday in a Fox News interview. “The Constitution requires the House to follow the truth where it leads. We have a duty to do this. We cannot stop the process.”

House Republicans have alleged that Biden and his family accepted money from foreign interests in suspicious business deals, though they have yet to produce compelling evidence of the accusations.

The current investigation, led by House Oversight Chair James Comer (R-Ky.), has come under fire from Democrats who have marked it a political effort to hurt Biden’s reelection chances in 2024.

“If Republicans had a smoking gun or even a dripping water pistol, they would be presenting it today,” Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) said at the beginning of the Oversight investigation in September. “They’ve got nothing on President Joe Biden.”

Fetterman, however, said that the effort could actually help the president.

“But whatever a weirdo says about that, it’s like, go ahead!” he said, adding that he doesn’t believe a continued investigation of the president will find any wrongdoing.

The House GOP is considering a vote on an impeachment inquiry in the next two weeks, Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) told reporters Friday.

(Just curious as to when, if ever, republicans will name a specific charge they are accusing Biden of. I suspect they plan more of a witch hunt fishing expedition, like they did with the Clinton "White Water" investigation, which went far afield of what they said they were investigating to finally nail him for getting a consentual blow job in the oval office, which had nothing to do with the White Water real estate dealings, which they were supposed to be investigating.)

snytiger6 9 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I work with a Trumper who thinks Biden has committed horrible crimes. He tells me certain things in the media he would not even read and I tell him we have different political feeds. I'm not sure he gets it.

My experience with Trumpers, is that they aren't open minded enough to see another point of view.

I keep hearing about how they accuse Biden of committing all kinds of crimes, but they can never actually name any of the crimes they are accusing him of. Kind of like the impeachment inquiry that has no crime stated that Biden is supposed to have committed.

Biden will prove to be guilty of even less than Slick Willie's consensual blow job, which to me, is still the most absurd example of a political witch hunt, that I have seen in my lifetime. That whole episode showed me that the Repubs had jumped the shark, and since then, they have never looked back and only went further downhill in absurdity..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:738981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.