Agnostic.com

12 2

Spiritual

How can someone be more spiritual

ToyALOVE 3 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stop believing in gods...

You said you're a laid back guy, so .......

Might as well ask how might someone be more delusional

Make something up and then insist it is actual, to the point of persecuting and killing people who try and convince you otherwise, no matter how stupid it makes you appear.

Basically using the word spiritual puts yourself into the relm of the great unknown. Drugs and even meditation can fool you into thinking that what you feel is real, reproduceable without harm and something one should spread. Just enjoy the real happiness around e.g.families and only proceed with experiments very carefully in "spiritualty" or whatever you think it means , Nirvana, spaced out,etc etc

Be more loving and contemplative, less religious and woo-ish.

Wooish is a good word, it denotes vulnerability

@Mcfluwster Vulnerability to charlatans, hucksters, and quacks.

How can someone be less spiritual seems like a more intriguing question….😇

Just use more science to be less spiritual.

Make yourself more transparent and whispish . Sorry if this offends, but it is a mild joke to help you avoid using this word which just complicates the religious and none religious scene. You might just give thought as to how the word spirtual started and evolved in meaning,

I always contend that "spiritual" can mean almost anything that you want it to mean.

An easier term for some to digest is "metaphysical".

It's quite simple. You need to get into yourself. You need to meditate. You need quiet. You need to be alone. You need to connect internally and not externally as most do.

More weapon's grade idiocy from our resident simpleton, a.k.a. @4thwiseman.

@anglophone I love you

A word which has many and no common usages, is effectively meaningless. And what is by definition meaningless and without defined usages, can be used to mean anything. Therefore, to be more or less spiritual, is itself a meaningless question, unless you wish to define a specific meaning for you own personal usage first.

This pedant has no idea what the word "spiritual" even means. 😟

How indeed. I have been wondering this too when a friend of mine considered herself to be ever so spiritual. She got a bit annoyed when I asked her about it.

I used to have a "friend" like that.......

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:742742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.