Agnostic.com

7 7

LINK Humanism on the Hill—Jared Huffman and the Congressional Freethought Caucus - TheHumanist.com

The importance of the Freethought Caucus to the atheist and humanist community cannot be overstated. As Speckhardt said, “The very existence of this Congressional caucus for freethinkers and humanists is a marker of how far the movement for secular and nontheist equality has come. This significant step is also a new beginning for our country as both religious and non-religious leaders work to better the nation.” It is my hope that the caucus will normalize the participation of atheists and humanists in US politics by helping to end discrimination against nontheist candidates and elected officials, allow candidates and elected officials to be authentic about their religious beliefs, and encourage atheists, agnostics, and humanists to run for political office.

zblaze 7 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In an earlier comment, I should have commented on the specifics of this post. I agree 100%. But North America is just catching up with the rest of Europe.

I don't consider myself 'athiest' because I will not spend my valuable time, argueing about some ficticious dude coming back from the dead- or any other fairy tale, in the book of lies. We are on this rock; no one knows how any of this was made- or why. Nature has never sent any messengers to tell us either.

Yeah for them! Let us give them the support for their effort.

Yeah for them! Let us give them the support for their effort.

Wow I saw this on another post. It is amazing that this is finally happening

This is really good news, I hope it works out.

sjjr Level 4 May 5, 2018

Anything which publicizes and promotes Humanists, atheists, agnostics as intelligent, patriotic and well-intentioned people is fine with me! We need more of these organizations and we need to be vigilant....because you-know-who will try to suppress them!

Oh you mentioned patriotism - now that's another can of worms

@Flettie How so?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74290
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.