Agnostic.com

15 3

You and friend are making a little music out the trunk of your car a case is lying on the ground open a few people have thrown a few dollars in a gave you a smile . Someone comes up a asked you if you could play amazing grace. What do you do?"

Frh1gh52 6 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Say sorry it's not in our repertoire, I really dislike that song as our local Salvos used to get the people that went through their drug and alcohol programme to sing it, which I think was taking advantage of their position as service providers. So it's a no can do from me. The Alleluliah Chorus however...

I did play it the best i could they blessed us of course and asj if we knew that old rugged cross which i don't know they thank us and put a 20$in the case good day music With friend beer at bar that night

Get the bagpipes out.

Tell them requests are $50.

Not that food to ask for any just glad folks don't throw tomatoes at my

Play it. What would you do?

Hell yeah. It's a beautiful song in acapella. I'd jump right in. Doesn't bother me at all that it's a religious song. To me, it's just a potential payday request.

That's a very nice song. If I new it, I'd play it.

Play it anyway. It's a beautiful song.

I've played it. If done right it's fun to play. It is my job. There is a long list of songs l hope to never play again or to never play a first time. That song is not on that list. ?

I break out the bagpipes. Amazing Grace should only ever be played on the pipes.

Nobody should ever play anything on bagpipes. ?

@Sticks48 Oh, Sticks48, I feel so bad for you. You'll never know the mournful joy (yes, that's a thing) of hearing 'Danny Boy' on the pipes.

I can listen to it on just about anything, but, yes, on the pipes is best.

@Sticks48.
Heathen.

Yep. That's me!

@memorylikeasieve I have heard bagpipes in a bar l was playing in and a parade. My favorite sound in the world is an accordion being thrown in a dumpster landing on bagpipes. ?

C'mon now. Y'all can't tell me that last scene in The Search For Spock with the bagpipes playing Amazing Grace wasn't beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye.

@bigpawbullets Of course l'm a heathen, that is why l am on this site.They sound like the air leaking out of the tire of an 18 wheeler, and thats when they are played well. ?

@Sticks48 I'm giggling, now, as I'm imagining the wheezy squonky crashing sound.

@RobLes wee bit. ?

@LimeySteve Bagpipes bring tears my ears. ?

@LimeySteve, @memorylikeasieve It's a beautiful thing. ?

Sure, it's a lovely song. I sing lots of songs that don't necessarily have personal relevance to me.

smox Level 4 May 5, 2018

Say "yes, I can"

Religion aside, I hate that song and would probably say I do not know how to play it.

You play it. You play it as best you can and with all the emotion you can muster. Because you are a musician and artist at heart!

^^This

It's just music, easy chords.....i wouldn't mind playing it for them..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.