Agnostic.com

1 4

LINK Psychedelic Assisted Therapy: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) - YouTube

A fun look at psychedelics used as a part of therapy ...

snytiger6 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If a patent is approved for psychedelics then, you can be sure licenses will be sold and it will become a billion dollar industry.

Betty Level 8 Feb 11, 2024

Not necessarily. In watching my first thought was that if only tow months treatment can cure a person, that is a hell of a lot of anti-depressants that won't get sold. I expect there will be a great deal of resistance to psychedelics by drug companies that make anti-depressants, and there may also be resistance from companies that make money off of addiction recovery, as they will have fewer repeat customers as well.

There is a great potential for societal benefits, but also a great potential for losses in profits, and sadly out society is more motivated by profits than any other consideration.

That being said, I really hope they do approve this kind of treatment. I am just not all that optimistic that it will really happen, and if it does happen, then I am not so optimistic it will be done in a way that best benefits society, but rather it will be done in a way that best benefits making profits.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:746290
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.