Agnostic.com

1 4

Simple logic in the face of religious mumbo jumbo:

Kenneth O'Kethe:

[instagram.com]

FrayedBear 9 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What simple logic? This man talks about a "so called Holocaust." That tells me exactly where he stands.

It was THE Holocaust. The Shoah. The largest intentional planning & execution of humans in recorded history. Deniers want attention.

@DenoPenno
Not to pass any opinion until I have done research on the speaker, but when he says "so called Holocaust." he is not denying the massacre, slaughter and atrocities visited upon the European Jews of the mid 20th century, but is disputing the the use of the word Holocaust only used commonly in this context since 1957. This is made clear by his insistence later in the piece that these terrible events were the fault of Nazi Germany.
Holocaust is a Greek word for a sacrifice or burnt offering to the gods. A sacrifice that is specifically and completely burned to ash, leaving nothing remaining, as opposed to those sacrifices that were burned only enough (or not at all) that they might be consumed afterward by priests and the poor.
The Term that @Mooolah rightly gives "The Shoah" and which is still common among Jews and gentiles outside of the English speaking countries, is far more appropriate since A) it is a Hebrew Word and B) It actually means Catastrophe or calamity.
Despite the attempt by the foul filth that was Hitler's Fascism, the Jews were not burned completely and left only as ash, thankfully many survived to rebuild their culture, families and heritage, which is why the latter term is better and reflects the determination of the Hebrews in the face of a terrible time rather than connoting an utter defeat.
The term the "Holocaust the Jews", actually comes from the 11th century practice in my own country England, where at that time it was common for all major cities to build into the city wall a "Jew Burning Tower" specifically for the purpose of burning to ash "undesirable" Jews who wandered in to the town or city and attempted to make a living, and to serve as a warning to others not to attempt the same.
This all stopped of course when in 1290 King Edward the first, made being Jewish illegal and deported en masse all of them from England. No Jew set foot in England again for almost 400 years until Cromwell allowed them to return in 1655.

@LenHazell53 When the Judaics were expelled from Spain (Castile) in the 1500s they were welcomed in Poland by the King. They collected his taxes which did not endear them to the Polish peons. They were relegated to banking also & denied other professions. Thusly the educated & literate Jews were accused of cheating the less educated Poles. Resented by the population, pogroms ensued. Their history is one of continuous persecution until they finally were able to return to their original homeland of Judea which is Israel. So many people do not know the history. I am happy to know that you are so learned on this subject. I fear the the 2nd in line to the presidency in the USA is a denier. We shall see.

@Mooolah My great grandfather was Jewish, his parents escaped the pogroms of Poland in the eighteen hundreds and settled in the east end of London.
They changed their name to Clarke and lived in Limehouse.
Ruben Clarke, fathered my grandmother, but was not allowed to marry my widowed great grandmother because she was gentile and her family objected her association with a Hebrew. None the less he supported my grandmother and great grandmother and she never married again, Ruben was present at my Grandmothers wedding, as was the daughter of his next door neighbour a family named Warwick, who was a life long friend of my Gran. Grandma ever named her son , my father Warwick after her Jewish friend's assumed maiden name. Most Jews living in the east end of London apparently adopted more English sounding surnames, but their first names remained, my Grandmother was named Royze which she insisted be pronounced Rosa.
When I pursued family history all of these stories came out as well as census records ect and lead to an interest in Jewish culture.
However, Israel has not existed for almost 3000 years, and Judea/Judah shrank to simply being Jerusalem shortly afterward, and by 132 CE had ceased to exist under that name, until revived after 1948.
By this sort of reasoning of an entitlement by history, England should be under the rule of the welsh, the decedents of the ancient Britons, the USA should be given back to the Native Americans, France should belong to the decedents of the ancient Bretons, Iraq should still be Babylon and Iran Persia and both be under the control of the Ancient Medes and Australia should be given back to the Aborigines.
Modern Israel I am sorry to say, exists only for the convenience of the USA and what at the time was the remnant of the foul British Empire, to safeguard the supplies of fossil fuels

@LenHazell53 Well you had me until you stated the Israel is for the convenience of the USA. I beg to differ that it is a foothold of democracy. A homeland for the "Hebrews" whereby Arab citizens reside and can vote unlike the surrounding nations. Egypt, Jordan have made peace. The Saudis were about to leading to the debacle that is Gaza. Horrendous. The other Arab nations (Iran being Persian) should as well. Granted I have major issues with the USA's policies thru out history. But I stand with democracy over kings, sheiks, terrorists, bigots, despots & dictators. Libya has 2 governments. Sudan is split & is in civil war again. Somalia, Yemen all failed states of Moslem majorities. Lebanon is chaos. When militants take control , they tend to fight each other in the streets & not at the ballot box. Rest assured I am no supporter of BB, & a grand amount of Israelis are not also. But democracy must prevail. HAMAS will not permit a vote in Gaza as the coup against the Palestinian Authority attests. It is a tragedy none the less & BB is not the person to lead.

@Mooolah
Well make no mistake, my opposition to modern Israel is in no way a support for Hamas or any other terrorist organisation, the slaughter of the innocent is an abomination whether by Jew, gentile, terrorist, or freedom fighter and the very idea that the the innocent must suffer to ensure the punishment of guilty is the very horror on which the worship of Jesus the carpenter of Nazareth is based.
I will not argue with your opinions on Israel both as a traditional democracy, history and the future will point out your errors soon enough or the current leader of Israel a confessed Zionist, that term too as used today, in time will be revealed for the euphemism for what it really is, rather than what it literally meant historically and linguistically.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:746910
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.