Agnostic.com

4 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did not receive SSI until President Biden took office. Now & receive $5.00 a month. I worked like hell in my money making years to not spend on things I did not need to impress people I did not like , with resources I did not have. Been skating since 2003. But SSI matters to me just the same because I care about my fellow citizens.....of the planet.

Ronnie Raygun started taxing it back in the day. With reversing that in mind it should not be hard to get Social Security tax free.

The beginning of the Great Dismantle. The unraveling of FDR's safety net for the nation. Now we are into a slow coup attempt by Putin.

They have taxed or not taxed it several times. IMO it would be much cheaper than trying to collect taxes, as what is the average income of the retired or disabled beneficiaries of the program anyway, and a cheap easy way to help them too.

Since the money that was originally taxed before it was collected by the FICA system, it never should have been taxed again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:747514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.