Agnostic.com

7 0

Should all meats be fair game or should we all become veganophiles?

Over the years I realised that meat consumption is not just regulated by religion. Even many non religious carnivores seem to have reservations as to which animals to execute for human consumption.

• 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 2 votes
PontifexMarximus 8 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

My best friend is a Miccosukee tribe member and he approves of this message.

[goo.gl]

That about covers it, methinks.

Ozman Level 7 May 6, 2018

I feel like your poll is missing a few, less extreme, options.

smox Level 4 May 6, 2018

So do I.

I know ... I thought about listing the "normal" options ... Recently I went into a food outlet run by Muslims. They asked me whether I wanted something related to chicken. "That is against my religion." I said pretending to be upset about the question. Then they wanted to know what religion it was. "Alveolien" I swiftly answer. End of story.

I wanted to add an open answer where people can list their favourite victims to be sacrificed for our dinner plates.

Farmed turkeys are truly a dumb animal. They're the only species I know that can accidentally drown in a rainstorm by sticking it's nose in the air.

I say that you should choose what works best for you. I am a vegetarian, not because I love animals. Most of my recent ancestors were farmers and one brother still is, and a lot of animals are nasty creatures. I am a vegetarian because I seek to minimize my environmental footprint.

All vegetables should be slaughtered and only the tasty animals

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74758
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.