Agnostic.com

5 12

Artificial intelligence is plagiarism software

I love this. I refuse to have anything to do with ChatGPT, artificial intelligence, or any other plagiarism software.

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hoo-ray, Chomsky and company at last called AI for the fraud it is. What took them so long?

But dammit, does AI really plagiarize? It certainly grinds what it finds.

Yeah, Chomsky is such a world-class expert on neural function and AI... Hell, he's almost on par with Deepak Chopra.

The issue I see is that AI's plagiarism will lead to mediocrity. It's like benchmarking in business: you are targeting mediocrity, not excellence, and when you are as mediocre as all of the others (you've reached the benchmark) you think you've made it.

Frederik Pohl sort of called it in the early 1950s with his 'Midas World' stories. [en.m.wikipedia.org]

He sidestepped the climate question by ignoring it -- 'The Fire-Bringer' (not sure exactly when it was published) solved the energy crisis with cheap easy fusion then 'The Midas Plague' continued the series with massive robot overproduction and solved the problem by letting robots consume things themselves.

Are people becoming unnecessary/obsolete? We may be stumbling into a Borg(Star Trek) situation by default. Machines may take over the world as much through our laziness as by anything else.

The Midas World stories
"The Fire-Bringer",
"The Midas Plague", 1954
"Servant of the People", 1983
"The Man Who Ate the World", 1956
"Farmer on the Dole", 1982
"The Lord of the Skies", 1983
"The New Neighbors", 1983

Plagarism Software is perfect! We need to stop calling it AI.

I agree

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:748420
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.