Agnostic.com

12 2

Do you think reincarnation really is possible?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

nope.

Love the stone. Very funny.

Just because it can be imagined does not make it possible. Are zombies possible, superman, a dogapus (dog and octopus) real just because someone thought about it?

No, reincarnation is equally unlikely.

If a person or other creature died of dementia ... the reincarnated copy wouldn't even know.

One of the problems I have with the concept of reincarnation is its linearity. If energy doesn't perceive time (which could just be an artifact of our biological organization) then it could go lots of different ways.

I believe something is preserved when we die. I don't know what, I don't know how much, I don't know where, I don't know when. But we ARE, and we WERE. And that very fact of existence changes things, and ripples outwards in time/space. Whatever remains, I doubt very much that the singularness of "David" (my actual name) persists much. There's WAY too much detail, there, tied to my physical experiences.

Not for vegetables. For them it would be revegetablization or something like that.

I think rebirth is a metaphor.

skado Level 9 May 6, 2018

It depends how you define reincarnation. If we're talking about "life energy" (for want of a less woo term) becoming new life, then yes, in a way - when we die, the energy stored in our bodies will go to the things that eat us so that they can reproduce and carry on their species. If we're talking about a soul being preserved after death and then being reborn in a new body, nope.

Jnei Level 8 May 6, 2018

I don't think that the supernatural is real, hence I don't think we get reencarnated into a blowfly in the next life and so on until the end of time. I think we just die.

Not really. Reincarnation is not a logical concept. We're here and then we're not, so live it up!

I love this epitaph!

No, I personally don't believe reincarnation is possible. However, given the vastness of the multiverse, I could be wrong.

Only if you are cremated and then later somebody adds water.

But they have to remember to stir!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.