Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK The odds are slipping away again for Trump.

For those of us who do not trust the pollsters and look for other indicators. I for one track online betting forums as a reliable way to test the political temperature. Not being a citizen of the land of the free allows me to speculate with hard cash upon the results of the US election. But more significantly, I can track how the political wind is blowing or at least where the smart money thinks it is.
2019 - 2020 Was very informative. In December 2019 Trump was an odds-on favorite at 8/13. Then COVID hit and we saw what happened next. His odds reflected his ineptitude and the incumbent favourite drifted to 9/2 by August, only recovering to 9/4 by the election.
This time around it looks like a repeat performance. February had Biden odds at 12/5 at my local bookie (I bet £20) but now they are neck and neck with Trump only a very slight favourite.
One can only assume that his chances will continue to lengthen with ongoing legal battles and a lack of campaign finances.

273kelvin 8 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

are there odds offered as to the likelihood that if trump loses, what is the probability of violent civil conflict claiming he won? probably hard to define level of conflict for betting purposes.

are there other odds offered as to likelihood of conviction and imprisonment of trump prior to the vote? just curious.

kmaz Level 7 Apr 13, 2024

No, you cannot run a book on criminal acts but they will not pay out until Jan 20th. Partially due to a wrong early payment in 2016 and the shenanigans Jan 6th.
And...
Yeah, unfortunately, bookies have at a 3/1 chance.
[olbg.com]

@273kelvin

thanks for the response. it is frightening , but unfortunately probably realistic (especially considering the corruption at the supreme court level) to see that trump is estimated to have so little chance of being convicted and serving time for even just a fraction of his crimes.

@kmaz But you can run a book on a criminal act NOT happening. That's called insurance.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:752781
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.