Agnostic.com

18 2

LINK Texas Bill Prohibiting Male Masturbation Moves Closer To Becoming Law

Just when you thought the world could not get any crazier!
But actually there is a sound reason behind all this in support of women;s rights to abortion.

WalterWhite 7 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Perhaps the people who sign this into becoming law will be the first to be found breaking it. Seems to me that those who want to control others from being something are that which they want to control.

Well....if the Fatheads are busy debating/voting on this, they aren't doing other obnoxious stuff. These days that inspires my gratitude!

Would give a whole new meaning to cops being on their "beat"

That was very good

Would give a whole new meaning to cops being on their "beat"

What is the connection between wanking and an abortion ?? I don't get it.....I wonder how the law is going to enforce this ? millions of " peeping tom " policemen at steamed up bedroom windows, looking carefully to see if there are any glazed eyes during a disturbance under the sheets ?? Who is going to police the policemen enjoying a quick rub up ? Texas, you've lost the plot. My mother gave me a booklet 70 years ago, warning me that I would go blind if I pleasured myself, apart from cataract operations, laser surgery, an abundance of floaters, and a pair of tri- focul glasses..........., I haven't gone blind yet !

The point of this bill is that if old dusty white men want to control women's bodies in Texas, maybe they should learn to control their own first.

Texas government is passive-aggressive like this.

$100 a wank; this is why I'm broke.

How will they ever enforce it? I mean there is more masturbation than you can shake a stick at.

LMAO! Good one George!

until it becomes a public event I can't see it getting inforced lol. I wouldn't blame people if they did as its still better than governments and religions trying to fuck us all in the arse.

This is a level of authoritarianism that I don't understand at all. Whoever is supporting this bill should be indicted. Yes, masturbation is largely stupid but that doesn't imply a total ban.

What do you mean by masterbation is largely stupid? It's not stupid or smart or immoral or disgusting. Nor is sex with a partner (which some people find disgusting).

Why does he think masturbation is "largely stupid?" ("He" means you. I'm following your suit of using third-person, as in your profile.)

@BlueWave Think about the objective implications of masturbation versus sexual activity with another person, then get back to me.

@DZhukovin You said "masturbation is largely stupid." I asked you why you thought that. There is nothing for me think about. I didn't make the statement.

@BlueWave

I was just answering indirectly. Masturbation is a topic that spans a lot of pages of research, and I just don't have the time to explain it.

I could say the same thing about abortion. If fact, that's the point of this bill.

@Hebert54

I'm actually very secular in my beliefs, in fact almost entirely secular. I just don't like to make political theater over rational discussion because it encourages stupid thinking.

@hemingwaykitten

I think both you and I would agree that abortion is an issue left to medical staff that can assess the viability of an abortion, since they are the more qualified party.

Personally, I think it is better to have the restriction that if the fetus has not reached the stage where it can suffer, which is often in the first trimester. Statistics here sort of break down when it comes to individual nuance, and that is why abortions have to be thought of on a case by case basis-yes, the general case may be defective, here, but that is the state of STEM in the US, sadly.

Now, is this the only facet I have considered? No. Abortion is one of the oldest topics in my country, and it has come up all too many times.

Personally, I don't worry about any responsible and capable people doing anything, and my beliefs on social controls reflect that. It's usually people who, by at least one means, are compromised, that will actually create problems, so that would include the instance of an abortion.

@Hebert54

Let me be more clear. I am under the impression that "masturbation" refers to an individual doing it by his or herself, and I think that is where my error came from. I assumed everyone here is more likely to be individualistic, so I went with that interpretation.

Now, let's talk about the implications of masturbation for the male case, since I have done more reading in that. In the male case, vital compounds like vitamin A, amino acids, anti-depressant compounds, testosterone, and such are depleted, but periodic ejaculation is necessary for health because of the problem of "blue balls", and what tends to follow. If a person is taking a purely verbal perspective on this, and not also thinking about the visual and realistic implications, it is easy to be wrong on this issue.

In the female case, it's not effectively much different. Women will still lose vital compounds doing this.

@DZhukovin We largely agree. I do believe the recent abortion bans passed in TX and LA are at the heart of the male masterbation bill. It's not worthy of all this drama.

@hemingwaykitten

I agree that we largely agree 🙂

Leave it up to the Republicans to keep doing the same thing over and over. If the more extreme ones had their way (and they tend to find a way to make this happen. The extremists are more likely the most vigorous), then we'd live in the serf system, rather than the system before that where if you wanted to be free, all you'd have to do is say "I'm free". Major important differences, there.

Are they going to kick in your door and arrest you under suspicion of jerking off???

How is that supposed to work exactly??

For starters, there will be social controls. People will be able to indict someone for masturbation, and then they will have to pay a fine, in true loser fashion. People should know that using the state in such a manipulative way is completely wrong.

Fapulous!

This is a Hebrew law. Women may masturbate but men may not as it is wasting their seed. Religion at its best ! How do I know this ? My g/f is Jewish.

Onan

I doubt this is in halakhic law. This is probably some fake low-caste law or something.

Jewish women should know that masturbation depletes vital compounds which need to be replaced ASAP, just like with male masturbation.

@DZhukovin
Not halakhic law, some stupid messiahic law or other!

@DZhukovin What the hell? ".....should know that masturbation depletes vital compounds which need to be replaced ASAP...."????? Such as which compounds?

@BlueWave
Sheep compound perhaps???

@BlueWave In men it depletes Vitamin A, testosterone, amino acids, etc. and it takes some hours to get them back.

@DZhukovin
Who cares ? As long as I can carry on depleting them into my eighties

@DZhukovin What is the risk to life or health to have a depletion for a few hours?

@BlueWave
Yeah ! I could wait for an hour or two ! But certainly nothing a day or two ???

@BlueWave The risk is that one's meal may or may not replace those compounds. The body has to be thought of as an economic system. When one resource gets lowered, the whole system gets affected.

Now, I am not saying that people should not beat off, or finger themselves. I am just saying that there is a limit, and people should just not think with their genitals.

@DZhukovin
I put no limits on my wanking nor will I ever ! I intend dieing with a smile on my face ??

@VAL3941

Nice

@DZhukovin
Maybe you should give it a try ???

Quite right,the place is full of Wankers!! Lol ??

Coldo Level 8 May 7, 2018

...bloddy fookin walkers...

They can have it when they pry it from my cold dead hands! 😀

When the morality police catch you, just tell them you were washing yourself. And you can wash yourself as fast as you want!

"Ethel - I smells me a lawsuit a-brewin' "

@Crimson67 I did; I also fear it could backfire, and (with the level of intelligence people are displaying these days) could possibly be passed into law.

And who knows if one of these creeps would sign it?

How do they even hope to enforce this? Who is going to volunteer to be a jackoff cop?

Considering that good o'l TX also has sodomy laws, while not "regularly" enforced still can result in fines and some jail time. Decent story on a high profile case below:

[washingtonpost.com]

So if they'll uphold that law, and even do it again in an appeal; then yep they'll "enforce" this one too. I think this 'parody law' is funny, and serves a decent point; when is too much too much? I think we've found our answer.

Pssssshhhhh

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75735
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.