Agnostic.com

27 6

Why did you choose atheism?

Some atheists I know came to atheism from uber religious families. Others from religious neutral families.

Personally I come from the uber religious end of the spectrum.

How did you come to atheism?

GodlessFred 6 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is a spectrum from "uber" to "neutral". On a scale where 10 was maximally "uber" and zero is liberal Christian, my family was probably a 7.5 in an environment that was, constitutionally, about an 8.

But my reason for leaving the faith would have been the same regardless of how authoritarian / literalist / inerrantist my group was. All religion suffers from a fundamental problem: it is based on a failed theory of knowledge that neither explains nor predicts experienced reality.

I never came to it I never was religious in any shape or form and neither were my rellies.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75948
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.