Agnostic.com

3 3

This memory just popped into my head after reading a post here:

"Religion is for people who want rewards. Spirituality is for people who want answers."

Hulk Hogan aka Jesse Ventura, former Governor of Minnesota.

andygee 7 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've always thought of spirituality as an excuse, a way to find an answer without finding the truth.

Ironically, every answer only brings with it a dozen more questions. Personally, I think that answers are life's little joke. We search for answers, find one or two, celebrate, only to find out that on the heels of that one answer is a litany of deeper questions.

Which I think leads to a paradox: The universe seems perfectly willing to support our "desire" for answers, but not our "need" for answers.

Here's another one from Gov. Ventura

“Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers. It tells people to go out and stick their noses in other people's business. I live by the golden rule: Treat others as you'd want them to treat you. The religious right wants to tell people how to live.”

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7629
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.