Agnostic.com

6 3

Religion is a global business funded by people who can often least afford it... then given charity status so don't pay taxes..
At the very least start taxing them so that a little of their I'll gotten gains trickles into the community via government funded spending... your thoughts?

Angelamelek 7 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And the church hide thier pedos

to expose the problem you are talking about, I believe that all small and large religious and ideological organizations should have to ra full fiscal audit by an independent accounting agency -- and make the results public. If people really knew how religious organizations really use their money, I believe that churches would begin to lose credibility.

Their credibility is smashed... although I have respect the salvation army who do some awesome work with the homeless.

TAX THEM. And screw the new tax proposal that religious entities don't have to pay taxes.

Why not taxfree artist. Parts in Northern Europe give 2percent towards the Arts and culture.

The arts has been around alot longer than Religion. Crosses over to more Nations, empires, and riches cultures ever in the history of civilization.
Art is spiritual and to a greater level "sacred". For religious believers, the sacred, whether in art or otherwise, is clearly that which is associated with the holy and the divine.

Artist are the poorest on the totem pole in society. We need a break greater rather than giving to the wealthiest country in the world, the Vatican

Thanks.. although the major religions have a strong political voice already so just thought moving some money out into the secular arena may be a positive. I will revisit my thinking after your post.

A great idea... Artist should be supported they play an important role bringing creativity and different ways of perceiving the world and the human condition... you have my vote

Taxing them gives them ability to voice political opinions so that’s why we don’t. Killing the Johnson Amendment will open them to taxation, unless Theocrats own the government, and they won’t be happy.

Yes! Or make them prove their claims.

skado Level 9 Dec 11, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7674
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.