Agnostic.com

19 5

What was the best date you ever had?

So outside of the usual dinner and a movie type, what was the best date you have ever had.

For me, it was going out and checking a trap line. The snow was deep, we had to hike way out and cross a river on the railroad tressel to get out there. So unusual and I thought this was the coolest thing ever. But it was one of very few cool things that particular man ever did. I could never do that now, but I was young and living in Alaska and it was amazing.

What experiences did you have?

Akfishlady 8 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

the first date with my wife of 23 years, we were engaged 3 months later. saw star trek generations on opening night, went out for cheap chinese food... had sex in car

I was living in Colorado at the time, in the San Luis Valley, and went out to the Great Sand Dunes National Park with the gal I was interested in. We spent the evening laying on blankets and watching a meteor shower

A medical doctor flew his private plane to Wenatchee to take me to lunch in January 2018. "Will you take me for a short plane ride?" I asked. "Where do you want to go?" he replied.

"Let's fly west to Stevens Pass, then turn northeast over Lake Wenatchee and the beautiful Napeequa Valley," I replied. "I want to see the frozen high lakes where I love to hike."

"This is spectacular!" he said. "I have never flown this way before." With blue skies and new snow, the Cascade Mountains were gorgeous.

He put the plane on auto-pilot and we kissed in the air. He loved my excited happy feet. It was a thrilling, uplifting and beautiful hour-long flight. I will never forget it.

Photos: Mt. Rainier, Lake Wenatchee and the Cascade Mountains from the air.

I couldn’t possibly tell you in a public space. ?

February 3rd 2000. My future partner was visiting from Texas (I was in Seattle). It was a bright sunny day and I took her to a ferry outside of the city and we went to a special island to a special place called Langley [3.bp.blogspot.com] We walked the streets and visited many shops, had a fabulous lunch and walked the beach. It was winter but we were in light clothes and the weather was perfect.

No wait dinner theater! Yeah that was nice too

Normally, I'd say something like, "The one where we ended up in the sack," to a post like this, but it seems so long ago, I'm no longer certain it even happened. Oy vay.

Two tickets to Blue Man in Boston when they were fairly new at the Charles, along with two hits of acid.
Had a great time.

Nice.

Every date I had with my wife of 58 years.

Decades ago , the Agency I worked for , decided to have a picnic , so we could meet others who were a part of our group , but worked in another building about 10 miles down the road . There were a couple of small boys who wanted to play baseball , but their parents weren't interested . So , I took them over the hill to the baseball field , and the three of us started playing . A guy noticed , and asked someone else to introduce us . We spent the day together , and at the end he walked me to my car , which was filled with the last load of drywall , I had removed from my bathroom . I had forgotten that still filled the rear passenger area . He had recently graduated from the Air Force Academy . A few weekends later , he came to help me remodeling my home . The day was spent ripping out more wallboard , or perhaps putting in new , while sharing puns . "Knock , knock . What are you doing ? I'm looking for a stud ." He showered afterwards , but since he didn't have clean cloths with him , I loaned him a pair of dark shorts and a tee shirt , which was two sizes too small . Yum, yum ! Intelligent , educated , constructive , fun , enjoyed helping me with a constructive project , perfect in a tee shirt ! ! And then I helped him get them off again .

To me, the best dates -- in a broad, general sense -- are just those random dates that don't actually mean anything big... it's all the little things that add up to a great big picture. Like we've lived together for a while, we have our routine, and every so often one of us plans to go out for dinner and just talk, and get some quality face-time together, away from the day-to-day of bills and TV and the computer, and just focus on each other and reconnect. Then we go back home together, get into comfy clothes and eat some ice cream right out of the container, 'cause we're adults and no one can tell us not to. =)

Best first date, though? That was someone I met online.

We agreed to meet at the art museum (when living in a city, a non-meal, non-drinking date around lots of people is a safe bet for both parties).

Within minutes, we were really clicking on the things we liked, conversation was easy and enjoyable, and ended up spending much more time together at the museum than we had intended... so at the "end" of the date, we both admitted that neither of us actually wanted to part ways. So we walked across the street together to an Irish pub, had a really nice, relaxed dinner and a couple drinks. Finished up, walked outside... and realized we still didn't want to part ways. {{laughing}} We hopped in our cars and drove to an art gallery opening, and then had a few drinks at the bar next door after that as well. Eventually the bar closed and kicked us out, and we were forced to part ways... but what was supposed to be a 2-hour casual first date turned into a wonderful twelve or so hours spent having a lot of fun... it was great.

tmaaz Level 5 May 9, 2018

I was a young, poor, college student on a first date with a girl way out of my league. Of course, my old Volkswagen Rabbit died on the way to the restaurant and we were stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. I was self-conscious and embarrassed but she made me feel so comfortable and we passed the time by singing one Bruce Springsteen song after another to each other. I didn’t think anybody else would know the lyrics to “For You” except me, but she did. I will never forget that date.

One of my first dates with my girlfriend. It was a blast! We went to Dave & Busters (Think Chuck-E-cheese but for adults), then saw a movie, then a dinner date to end the night. Simple, amusing, and tons of fun! It was almost three years ago now but we still think of it as one of the best dates we ever had, not just for us but overall in terms of our dating experiences.

Outdoor all day music festival in 2014 or so. Beautiful September day, we were both still infatuated with each other, and the music and food were all just superb. That relationship ran its course, and it was a good run, but that date sticks out as a particularly good one.

With a naked nyphomaniac Blond Atheist who owned a bottle store and car dealership.

It's been such a long time I have to think. Well let's see after my first divorce this friend of my gf decided to date me. We drove down the Cape-Cape Cod for the weekend to spend time with my best friend and her husband from NJ. Had a great weekend partying, going out to dinner, drag bar in P-town and hanging at beach. Dated for about two weeks.

A week long remote hiking/camping trip.

JimG Level 8 May 9, 2018

its the company you keep, not where you keep it

08/14/78....now that was a good date.

"April 25th. Not too hot, not too cold -- just bring a light jacket." - William Shatner

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:77296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.