Agnostic.com

11 1

Do you consider yourself a Scientist?πŸ€“

Lay, citizen, practical, degreed, professional, researcher, etc......tens of modifier to narrow a field of interestπŸ€”

OleBlueEyes 5 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. Unending curiosity put me on this path and I can't imagine myself doing anything else.

Lay, citizen, practical, degreed, professional, researcher, etc......tens of modifier to narrow a field of interest?

No but I am a big fan.

No.
More a lab rat in a labyrinth. ?

Yes. What was the purpose of the question?

Besides getting points, searching for members of my team of borderline (not quite mad yet, maybe just pissed off) scientists.

@DarrylBurrows -- Where do I sign up and what are the dues?

Not that I'm willing to sign anything or am amenable to paying anything, it just sounded like the right kind of question. πŸ˜‰

Yes, I'm an engineer. I have to back up my work with proof and data.

I have never been trained in science, but learned anatomy and physiology, about the bodily systems, chemistry, biology, math for my nursing and midwifery careers. Now, I read and study science on my own, so I guess I am a science hanger on. I do like to learn about science, even though I am not a genius by any means.

No, just an independent researcher.

Yes. Have a BS in mathematics with a minor in physical science. I believe the scientific method is the best vehicle developed for determining logical answers to difficult questions.

Yes. What that means to me at the most fundamental level is, simply put, form an opinion based on the facts, don’t form an opinion then interpret the facts to fit.

Simplistically put another way:
Science = seeing is believing
Religion = believing is seeing

First you have to define 'scientist'.

Seeker of evidence based truth, observational or experimental.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78233
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.