Agnostic.com

6 3

LINK Why Was An Honors Philosophy Doctoral Candidate So Stupid?

This is the highly educated Yale graduate student who wasted police time to harass a fellow student who fell asleep in a study hall. Was it racism? Or was it the lack of common sense that many highly educated people often exhibit? She's a former Jehovah Witness who is now an Atheist activist!

Krish55 8 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a friend who has 4 degrees from very prestigious universities. also a J.D. he has told me on quite a few occasions that a degree does not equal intelligence. obviously this woman has little knowledge or empathy for the human race.

Could you clarify which one is the former wittiness now atheist? Could you clarify how that is relevant? I will qualify- I did not go to Yale- but my best friend did, my brother attended Princeton and Columbia, I’ve been on many of the campuses including advanced courses at Harvard- so it is all IMHO, by the nature of such institutions even though they actively endeavor to have a very open selection/admissions policy they can only go so far. Everyone tip toes around it but there are certain fiscal realities to tier one schools and those are self limiting to diversity. Honestly the whole academic selection process is self limiting, for every bit of diversity Yale will work to admit, there are five who come from the homogeneous group of affluent secondary school graduates and or legacies.That leads to A lack of different backgrounds, the narrower the life experience the smaller the frame of reference. This goes beyond issues of race, it goes to tolerance of anything “out side the norm”. intelligence does not correlate to tolerance, often quite the opposite. While it can be “spun” many ways well rounded open to differences personalities with extreme high base intelligence are rare. And tolerance is not only of race or cultural, in highly competitive academic institutions actual intelligence is a competitive arena. Someone listening on earphones and responding to the beat of the music can be viewed as annoying by another in a “open area” because the complaining person is tightly wound into their own stuff- I’ve seen that happen more than once. The ultra serious student can be “offended” by those not showing the same intensity or furvor, they’re being serious you should be too! Academia is a world unto itself, graduate school even more so, in an Ivy League off the scale different. No offense, one of my best friends is a Penn State Phd in philosophy, but as a major that is even more abstract and esoteric. I guess I’m trying to say someone doesn’t have to be a bigot or racist per se to have a limited frame of reference, limited life experience and poor social skills. It ought to surprise no one those “lacks” are even more pronounced at an Ivy league school... a wasp nerd boy studying philosophy isn’t going the have the “well rounded ness or common sense” suggested... just my two cents- and anything at this point is speculation really, we all don’t know enough to really understand reasoning and motivations here... cheers’

How can we tell? We don't know if she would call security on a white napper, so racism is not 100% provable, but it seems very likely to me.

She had also called police on the girl's friend earlier that year when he got lost on his way to her room. Race was an issue. She hasn't called police on any white students who do the same thing. From what I understand napping in the common rooms is something that is done all the time. Especially when cramming for exams.
[thegrio.com]

Having a college education does not automatically make one intelligent.

Agreed! But this woman is highly intelligent!

@Krish55 there's a difference between educated and intelligent.

@josh23452 true, but she's both. However she lacks emotional intelligence, which is often more important than intellectual intelligence!

@Krish55 eh I donno friend you would think that a person with that level of education would have more sense in general.

Some members of this website have already proven that someone can have a high IQ, be accomplished, highly educated, etc., and still be a total white racist supremacist.

I usually block them whenever I encounter people like that here..alt-right nut jobs.

Agree, but don't foget the misogynists, xenophobes and homophobes too. Why should we miss out on all the versions of fascism... 😟

@kmdskit3 I think the term includes all that..

Unfortunately, University degrees don't stop someone from being a terrible person.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.