Agnostic.com

16 0

Who's the biggest loser ?

Who's the biggest loser ? ...
A) a man lived as an atheist and after death it turned out that there is a god ? Or
B) a man lived as a devout religious and turned out that there's nothing ?

Nader 6 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely B.

Deb57 Level 8 June 7, 2018

B's the loser because he was wrong. A's the winner because he was wrong lol

Yes I know it's a bit more complicated than that 🙂

Who is the biggest loser? Me. Because I wasted my time reading this useless post.

Thank you for taking the time to comment

The big time looser is the one who devoted life to this stuff. If , just out of no where, god does exist, well the only way to interpret that is an unconditional love for the thing you built. IF it, god, looks at me, it will be seen I used my mind, enlightened my soul, and always believed in equality.
No problem but the poor sucker who hated immigrants, homosexuality, population control, is sort of screwed at this moment, See god and I would see eye to eye and if not , it is not god.

EMC2 Level 8 May 13, 2018

I would say it was quite a DUH ! It happens every moment where a believer is lying on their deathbed waiting for a "sign", and they'll wait until the cows come home, on the other hand, as trumpee says, "what have u got to lose?" but, then again, both are dead, so how can we define a "loser?"

The answer is B.

There are different ways to look at this, but in your twist of Pascal's wager, the atheist loses because the religious man will be ignorant of his error. However, had he died and discovered that there were a god, it is extremely unlikely that he would have been worshipping the correct god in the proper manner.

JimG Level 8 May 12, 2018

The entire concept of "I love you. Now blindly believe I exist, even though I give you no evidence, or I will sadistically send you to be tormented with pain forever" is, I mean... wtf I just can't.

C) a man living as a devout Christian and turned out the Flying Spaghetti Monster was real.

Well, they are both dead now. All that matters is how each lived his life.

It's got to be B, although the man in question wouldn't be aware of it, unless you're conscious after death!

If the man in A was me, for example, I wouldn't have lost anything, I don't know what happens after death, if I were to meet a god of some sort I would then have an answer that's all.

The Christians claim atheists live a hedonistic lifestyle, and they should know, so he sounds like a winner.

Aaaah ! These no answer questions. Bullshit baffles brains ???

I don't know why I'm answering pretend stuff but I will humour the question.
A) lived how I wanted. Get forgiven by an asshole
B) existed following bullshit.THE END

....looks like I only answered your first question: The Appalachian Hillbilly on government assistance who would have voted for trump had they made the effort..

The second two don’t make sense to me; there are no gods..

Varn Level 8 May 12, 2018

This is just a variation on "Pascal's Wager" Just more Christian BS to sucker the gullible. Being religious is far worse than being an Atheist. The religious live their life following silly rules, customs, and rituals. The waste time, money, and emotion on a god who is not there. Atheists on the other hand are truly free to follow their "free will."

Agreed. Depends on the person... but being your own master and honest to yourself is always the better way to go. But if we're wrong, brother, I'll save you a seat next to me on the bus to hell. 😉

Trust me there is no hell. @Tyrel77

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:79125
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.