Agnostic.com

18 11

Easily distracted

Do you find that you are more easily distracted the older you get?

I don't know if I'm early stage dementia or just an ass but the older I get the easier it is for me to be distracted.

My attention span is decreasing to the level of a preschooler.

Crimson67 8 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only happens with brats from no.carolina

I would say "no" for myself. I don't really get distracted easily but I do find that if my curiosity isn't stimulated then I will lose focus

Yes 😟 Have a lot on my mind though and a billion thing "to do" list. Stress can play a role also.
I just try to roll with the flow and try not to get too wound up about it. I am ADD tho, so when I REALLY need to be ON, have an Rx for that & it helps a bunch. Women over 40 are one of the highest demographics for attention Rx. I've a 70 y.o. high octane friend who takes it too.

Your not alone...

I was going to answer earlier but I saw a bright, shiny object. 😮

It helps if you used to be a stoner as now it's easier to describe things you've forgotten the name of ....four legs put things on. Fury barky thing , box people live in sucks your soul, turny Wheely beep beep whoosh whoosh thingy , Tray of ash , slicy slicy slicer ,

Depends on where, what etc.
If its meaningless crap, or sports yes !

Everybody here is so lovely and supportive, especially when it's just you losing the plot lol 🙂 {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

what?

No shit Sherlock lol

I'm more the other way around

I think it's a product of on-line interaction.
We're down to the 20 second max read.

Other than forgetting words, couldn't remember 'coaster' the other day, it feels to me like I can't focus as well as I used to.

I have found ....oo look squirrel !!!!

Start a "goldfish" group, if you can remember find a pretty, bowl shaped chat-room.

I've notice that the older I get the more irritated I get when people distract me from what I am doing. As I get older I just hate to be interrupted when i am in the middle of doing something.

I have had that problem all my li.........Look! A butterfly!

I t hasn't been so much distraction as I am able to notice more things for what they really are than before. I guess that comes with experience.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:79405
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.