Agnostic.com

9 0

Hot dogs and onions

Okay. Big OCD question.

Do the onions go on top of or underneath the hot dog?

• 14 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 6 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
Lancer 7 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On top, as the visual stimulates the ambiance of the food.

Without onions all you would be eating is encased lips and assholes on a bun.

Hot dogs need onions. They yearn for onions. They deserve the onions.

(no onions)

I think it would make a difference as to the type of hot dog/sausage and whether or nto the onions were grilled, as to whether or not it would influence preferences.

No comment

You live in England, so presumably you have a English sausages, a bit like our Australian ones and not remotely like American ones. In which case, grilled onion and tomato sauce on top of the sausage. If American sausage, I don't care: I wouldn't eat one no matter where you put the onion.

I'm in the UK now and I've travelled to the USA several times.

I've travelled all over the world and I can say with 100% assurance that Aussie snags from Bunnings on a Sunday afternoon are the greatest testament to hot dog kind ever, for all time.

I can walk to Bunnings from here! (Not much use if I'm buying a lawnmower or something.)

@Krieg : it was @Lancer who was raving about Bunnings hotdogs. They're pretty ordinary. Although Bunnings is within walking distance, I wouldn't go there just to get one.

I know bunnings hot dogs vary a lot in quality. But I'm mainly referring to Australian BBQ hotdogs.
I'm not a fan of the German bratwurst personally.
I can't speak for the South African hotdog since I've never had one.
But Aussie hot dogs beat American, UK, Asian countries.

seriously, hot dogs. Is that even real meat? I don't eat much meat, and I can't think of the last time I had a hot dog. But grill me some onions and I don't care where they go.

I made the mistake of reading what was in a hot dog. Didn't eat another one for over a decade.

Are the onions grilled? That's how I prefer them, and on top. If not grilled, underneath. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7984
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.