Agnostic.com

3 3

Has anyone on here watched the new Seth MacFarlane series "The Orville"? The season finale was really good. It followed a civilization from when they started to beleive in a god to when they evolved out of those beliefs. The series also touched on some very interesting topics that could apply to us as we become more evolved.

SamMcGlone 6 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Orville kicks ass. Just keeps getting better every episode. Can't wait for season two!

The season finale was an awesome study in the growth and evolution of a civilization.

However, I have a feeling they're going to revisit this particular civilization in a future episode and the return will be quite grim. This could very well turn out to be a story arc about a civilizations rise and fall.

I have watched every episode. One of my favorite shows. Often the humor is very subtle. At other times is out there.

I have a hard time accepting that humans will eventually realize that belief in gods is primitive and false.

Saw the first one. Guess I'll have to watch it on Netflix. Wasn't the biggest Seth MacFarlane fan before but after the new Cosmos and finding out he was making public statements about Harvey Weinstein before it exploded I am becoming a fan.

Great show so far!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7988
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.